I think my chicken has pink eye

pudgeson

Chirping
Feb 23, 2020
Hi everyone. My hen's eye is covered in a white mucusy substance? Kindof like eye boogers. I've been removing it from her eye but in a few hours its back again. Does anyone know what I can do to help her? She is still her usual self except she hasn't been laying the past couple days but she doesn't lay every day. It also has been 100+ when I first noticed her eye doing this.

Flush the eye with saline eye wash and then use terramycin eye ointment or Neosporin twice a day until it clears up. If it gets worse or the facial tissue swells, you may be looking at a respiratory infection.

Flush the eye with saline eye wash and then use terramycin eye ointment or Neosporin twice a day until it clears up. If it gets worse or the facial tissue swells, you may be looking at a respiratory infection.
Thank you for getting back to me. Does it need to be the brand neosporin or can it be the off brand one?

Back
Top Bottom