:( I think my olive egger isn't an olive egger

stone_family3

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
New York
Mother was an olive egger and father was a welsummer. All the other chicks that hatched laid olive eggs. I bought her prior to her laying.

Olive spent 45 minutes in the nest and sang and carried on until I had to leave. I came back to two eggs in the nest. I know one is from my sex link.

How can I for sure know this egg is from her?

The egg on the left is from the sex link and the one on the right is from what I think is the olive egger. I found one last week just as small and thought it was from my bantam cochin.

I've heard that some olive eggers lay brown eggs... I'm not sure it's true but I know I read it somewhere. Of course yours won't be like that. I'm just saying I've read it. ;)

My olive eggers lay russet colored eggs - very pretty, but not olive! Do they have a single comb or pea? Apparently the pea combed ones lay the olive eggs.

My olive eggers lay russet colored eggs - very pretty, but not olive! Do they have a single comb or pea? Apparently the pea combed ones lay the olive eggs.
Not exactly. I think the ones with pea combs have a 75% chance of laying olive, and the ones with single are the other 25%.

Back
Top Bottom