I think my pullet has wry neck...help.

It has been a week since I started giving her Poly-Vi-Sol and Pedialyte, in addition to Vitamin E and B-complex. No improvement. See has not gotten any better, and I think the best thing to do is cull her.:hit

What is the best way to put her to sleep forever?
@Wyorp Rock gave you good advice on giving B complex and a 400 IU. Wry neck may require more E than what is in PolyVisol. Wry neck symptoms can persist for days to weeks. I would try the increased vitamins and try another week, but it is understanding if you decide to put her down.

@Wyorp Rock gave you good advice on giving B complex and a 400 IU. Wry neck may require more E than what is in PolyVisol. Wry neck symptoms can persist for days to weeks. I would try the increased vitamins and try another week, but it is understanding if you decide to put her down.
I'm definitely all for still trying to save her.
Dose her up on E and B and see if it helps. Can't hurt since she's gonna be put down anyway if it doesn't work. Have nothing to lose at this point.

It has been a week since I started giving her Poly-Vi-Sol and Pedialyte, in addition to Vitamin E and B-complex. No improvement. See has not gotten any better, and I think the best thing to do is cull her.:hit

What is the best way to put her to sleep forever?
I'm sorry to hear she is not improving, it's very sad.

As mentioned there are many ways to put a chick out of it's misery.
Chopping the head off is an option - doesn't mean that the keeper doesn't get upset afterward, bu the keeper also understands that there is a task at hand that needs to be done - putting the poor thing out of it's misery, it doesn't matter what the human emotion is, the chick must be considered first.

For this age of chick, either chopping the head off or cervical dislocation, ime would be the quickest and most humane.
Ether, if you want to suffocate her, then by all means do so.

Any brand is fine:
upload_2019-6-1_10-23-45.jpeg
upload_2019-6-1_10-25-3.jpeg

Another week has gone by. She seems to have more energy, and doesn't sleep as much. I don't think her neck has gotten better, but it has not gotten worse. Should I give her another week? Should I make any changes to her meds?

Another week has gone by. She seems to have more energy, and doesn't sleep as much. I don't think her neck has gotten better, but it has not gotten worse. Should I give her another week? Should I make any changes to her meds?
So glad she’s not getting worse/is more energetic.

If it were me I’d keep up the meds and try doing a little physical therapy with her. Gently uncurl her neck and put it back where it should be. It’s probably getting stiff/more inclined to stay in the turned position at this point.

Did you ever end up making that neck brace for her?

Back
Top Bottom