I think My Serama rooster has piece of crawfish stuck in his esophogus. labored breathing

quick update.....Gandolph is better today. Last nite he tried to just sleep on the floor of the barn. I moved him to a higher place. Continued his med, tried to remove some of the yellow stuff in his mouth. I was only able to remove a little bit. This morming I decided to split his antibiotics into 2 seperate doses so it's not so much at one time since it tastes so bad. I mixed it with my sweet creme brule coffee cream. Unconventional yes, but it was thick and sweet and as soon as he got it down, I put coconut oil in his mouth which he obviously likes. Thankyou for that idea! He looked better today, he did'nt have any gooey stuff in his mouth. I kept checking inside of it and there was less and less yellow stuff thru-out the day. Pardon the non-technical terms...gooey, yellow STUFF, etc. I'm pretty sure y'all understand tho. He was still kind of lagging a little behind his social group sometimes but he ate good. When the chickens went up for the night he tried to go back up with the others instead of staying on the ground...the Seramas like to roost high, he got most of the way up there but I had to help him up the last bit. He's still a little weak and I won't assume we're out of the woods yet but he's way better than yesterday and steadily improving. Thankyou everyone for your amazing wisdom and help. I will keep you updated.

quick update.....Gandolph is better today. Last nite he tried to just sleep on the floor of the barn. I moved him to a higher place. Continued his med, tried to remove some of the yellow stuff in his mouth. I was only able to remove a little bit. This morming I decided to split his antibiotics into 2 seperate doses so it's not so much at one time since it tastes so bad. I mixed it with my sweet creme brule coffee cream. Unconventional yes, but it was thick and sweet and as soon as he got it down, I put coconut oil in his mouth which he obviously likes. Thankyou for that idea! He looked better today, he did'nt have any gooey stuff in his mouth. I kept checking inside of it and there was less and less yellow stuff thru-out the day. Pardon the non-technical terms...gooey, yellow STUFF, etc. I'm pretty sure y'all understand tho. He was still kind of lagging a little behind his social group sometimes but he ate good. When the chickens went up for the night he tried to go back up with the others instead of staying on the ground...the Seramas like to roost high, he got most of the way up there but I had to help him up the last bit. He's still a little weak and I won't assume we're out of the woods yet but he's way better than yesterday and steadily improving. Thankyou everyone for your amazing wisdom and help. I will keep you updated.

Glad to hear he's doing good and recovering might be canker that yellow stuff

Back
Top Bottom