I think My Serama rooster has piece of crawfish stuck in his esophogus. labored breathing

How do you determine the dosage amount for a chicken so small?[/QUOTE
in the beginning of this thread, Eggcessive said to try Fish Zole 250 mg for 5 days. ( Thankyou Eggcessive!) The medicine tastes so bad that he shakes his head and spits out a lot of it no matter how far in u put it so that kinda cuts that dose in half.As sick as he was, I usually choose to slightly over dose rather then under dose. I've never lost an animal to medicine OD.

Do you run across many health issues with Seramas? Right now I am battling soft shell eggs with my only laying hen.
Is she a serama?
I just added Seramas to my flock in February of this year. They've all been healthy and a big source of Joy added to my life. They're so tiny and cute, personable, friendly and hilarious to watch. The girls are very broody. I started with 6 that I hatched and right now have 15. Gandolf is from my original group and my only white Serama until recently. I have a young white frizzle girl now who has a black and white frizzle brother....Sugar and Pepper...Mom is a gray frizzle who's name is Pretzel. I could talk about them forever so I better stop now before I start sending all their pictures and put everyone asleep.

I had an extra male Serama I added to a flock. Then I had dog attacks in July and August (I could go on forever about it but I won't, still angry about it) my free range flocks were wiped out in 6 different attacks and they go into some of my pens too. The serama actually survived all but the last one. there was no sign of his body, just a few feathers. I assume the dog just swallowed him. All my seramas are caged up but when I have extra males I try to get them in the free range flock to see how well they do. I do not have roosters free ranging because I respect my neighbors and their children. If a Rooster strays from the yard it puts children at risk. I figure a serama rooster would work out great because they are not likely to fly out of the yard and they do not venture as far as other roosters. You do have to raise them with the large fowl from brooder age or the large hens pounce on them when you try to introduce them.
I love their personalities in a flock, some say its too dangerous for the to be left in a flock but the one I had lasted the longest during the pit bull raids.

Do you run across many health issues with Seramas? Right now I am battling soft shell eggs with my only laying hen.

My main health issues are in the first few days of hatch. Some just seem to fail to thrive. Once they get over the hurdle, they do great. I've never gotten a soft egg from any of mine. I have close to 50 seramas right now.

Back
Top Bottom