I thought the hard part was over.... Sigh..... Depressed

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kelseygirl707, Mar 24, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

2. NancyDz

NancyDz Songster

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Quote:Wow! I can see why you don't want to raise a child in that environment . I saw this job the other day on craigslist... looked nice and serene hehehee

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/etc/1082836553.html

Here's a job in Auburn.. part time but similar to what you are doing ( I think you are at a storage place if I remember? )

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rej/1077929887.html

Come up here to Auburn, still close to Sac, cooler weather, rural and nice community. And our feedstore has ducks and chicks all the time [​IMG]

So sorry about your baby, I can't even imagine how hard that is, hang in there. Lots of prayers and [​IMG] here!

nancy

3. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Technically I manage and RV/Boat storage facility. Belive me, The Hubby and I are checking craigslist every day, Sacramento & SF Bay, oh and Hawaii, LOL!

Thank you so much for your help, we would love to Move to Auburn, we're just waiting for an Oppertunity.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  4. cwc362

cwc362 Songster

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Sorry to hear about your loss- I'm a man so I can't relate personally but have went through this with some relatives and friends. From everything I've heard and read - What you are going through is perfectly normal. Don't hesitate to get a little counseling if you decide you need it. I also like the idea somebody suggested about picking a date and releasing balloons. The white doves released would be beautiful too , if you like that kind of thing. God bless you and your husband and your family.

5. foweler

foweler Songster

Mar 10, 2009
    Chico, CA
    Oh, right. I forgot what it was like to live near the college ghetto. I lived for about 2 years at 6th and Chestnut, right where they set fire to street, AGAIN, a few weeks ago. I don't have much respect left for today's youth. Should have been spanked a long time ago. The difference between a high school kid and a college student is usually just a lack of parental supervision, assuming they had any before. I know its not all like that but it sure can seem that way downtown.
    The good part of the 106 degree summers (I hope my chickens adapt) is that we get our town back for a while.
    Sac can be a nasty place too.

We live near PV now and if you can find a place in the cul de sacs its pretty good. Haven't had any crime here in 4 years.

My neighbors daughter, who lives across the street from them, is supposed to be moving soon, not sure when. I can find out what they want for the place they are renting if that would help. Probably a three bed house though and that might be too much I know.

6. animalgirl2010

animalgirl2010 Songster

May 9, 2008
    bootheel of missouri
    I am so sorry for your loss. My sister had 4 miscarriages and she had virtually given up hope on having children and when she was least expecting it she became pregnant and everything went great she now has two wonderful children who are her life. I pray when the time is right that the same will happen for you and your family.

7. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I'm so sorry to hear that, I myself have lost four babies and know how it feels I still to this day, years later think about each of those pregnancies and babies. Time does heal it, but I remeber thinking about having a newborn months later like you and it was hard, there's nothing I can say or do that will make it go away for you but know that you have to stay positive. Good luck to you and if you ever need a understanding shoulder feel free to PM me!!!

8. Krysstyllanthrox

Krysstyllanthrox Songster

Jan 27, 2008
    Tulsa
    I'm in a very similar position. I miscarried in September at about 6 weeks. As my would have been due date comes closer I find my arms aching. And a coworker is pregnant which helps to keep the reminder in the fore of my mind.

It's hard. Very.

But I made the call today to try to get seen by a fertility doctor as things still aren't working right so I'm taking steps forward.

I will warn you though, if you're crafty at all don't go into Joann's right now. They have tons of sweet little fabrics that would make adorable baby quilts. I nearly lost it in there yesterday.

9. Peep'n'Stuff

Peep'n'Stuff In the Brooder

Oct 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Kelsey I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and everybody else who has had a loss. My heart goes out to all of you. I can empathize with you.

I had to have a hysterectomy when I was 30 years old before I had even met my husband. Every time I saw a baby it broke my heart that I was unable to have one. It took me many years to come to terms with it.

I pray that things will get easier for you and your husband and that the little fuzzbutts help a whole lot!

[​IMG]

10. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    Quote:We're neighbors. Hi neighbor!

Kelsey, I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel terrible about losing a baby chick... I can't even imagine how it would feel to lose a child! I was supposed to have an older brother, but he didn't make it. It's neat to think that some day I'll meat him!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: