I tried to candle my coturnix eggs.

Depends on if they were shipped, and how they were shipped. A lot of people say rest at least 12 hours, with the fat end up. If they traveled by air, some suggest 24 hours. If you're just going down the road to pick them up, I think 12 hours would be good.

Wow, the iphone light works great!!! I found 5 out of 73 that had small cracks in them. Is there anything i can do to still save them?

Right! I read that you can use candle wax or Elmer's glue to seal it. I tried the candle wax to cover a crack and it hatched perfectly. How far along are they? Are they developing yet, even though crack?

Right! I read that you can use candle wax or Elmer's glue to seal it. I tried the candle wax to cover a crack and it hatched perfectly. How far along are they? Are they developing yet, even though crack?
I just picked the eggs up yesterday from a farmer so i decieded to check all of them with the i-phone light. I have just put chicken eggs in my incu yesterday also so i think im going to wait 2 more days then add the quail eggs so the hatch day for chicks and quail are the same. Hopefully that way i wont have to open door as much and mess with humidity during lockdown. I might patch up the cracked quail eggs with parafin wax. Thank you

I see. Make sure the wax isn't to hot and cooks the egg. I mentioned using candle wax for cracks once. And they didn't realize that the heat can harm the egg. Just saying. Lol keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom