I upset my chickens!

tcates

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I left town due to work for 3 days, and boy did I hear about it when I came home today! DH took care of them while I was gone, even giving them treats. I walked out in the back yard, they turned their heads, watching me, then started fussing. I gave them their treat, but no, they were more interested in fussing at me, pacing, scratching, fluffing their wings at me, just giving me heck! I swear I am starting to understand what they are saying! That's scary!
hide.gif
What happens when I start answering? DO men in white coats visit?

yuckyuck.gif

Nah, no white coats.
lau.gif
That would have already happened at our house if it were so!

I've had PT out of town at least one day a week for the last 6 weeks. When I get home and check on them everyone acts so innocent (the run looks like a tornado hit it
rant.gif
) and they want to know what I bought them...I swear they are my children reincarnated!

Well, ummm,

I would recommend that you keep the idea that you are starting to understand chickens to those who love chickens hence other chicken lovers here on BYC! But I know what you mean... I think it is cool that your girls love you so much... Makes me worry about going on vacation for a week around Christmas..

Christal

Quote:
That's what I am worried about! DH and I leave for a week soon on a MUCH needed vacation. Have family members coming to feed/water/dispense treats while we are gone, but I can only imagine the heck I am gonna get when I get back!!!
rant.gif
I can hear/imagine it already!

I even cleaned out their hen house (in the rain) and put fresh bedding in to try to make up, but they are still fussing at me! Thank goodness bed time is coming soon! Maybbe tomorrow AM they will have forgotten I left them!

I sure hope that the men in white coats won't come, because I know they would take me away. I have even had my fish get excited about my return from vacation. I also get cussed out by hummingbirds all the time, and of course the girls will discuss my failings as a care taker. They also discuss the fact that they need more scratch, and that I am very stingy person.

After a day of contemplation and thought I know what ya need to do. You need to make a mannequin/scarecrow dress it in your clothes, put a picture of your face on the scarecrow/mannequin then put a mechanism in it to give them treats. Just have a pull string like the old time dolls. Family comes over feeds the chicken pulls the string Voila!!! Mommy is there!!! Let me know how the idea works out LOL.. Ok that is my que to go hide before the men in white coats find me!!

Christal

Back
Top Bottom