30 Week Old Olive Egger Not Laying

chaoticgoodcoop

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2023
Hello! New chicken owner here. I got my flock in March as chicks and I had 4 silkies and an olive egger. I added a grown maran to my flock when the group was around 16 weeks. about 3-4 weeks ago, I noticed that the Olive Egger was going up to the nesting boxes each evening around 6pm and rifling around. I was excited because this is exactly what my maran did before she started laying. 4 or so days after that, she started looking lethargic and puffed up. She had bad diarrhea and would like spread her wings out and make noise when the would poop. She looked really uncomfortable. I tried soaking her in epsom salt to no avail. I had a vet check on her and gave her an LA200 antibiotic shot every other day for a week. She SEEMS to be acting a lot better and more like her normal self, but she still hasn't laid an egg. In fact, the silkies have started laying and she still has not laid any eggs. During this time, my maran also stopped laying eggs and has not laid in over two weeks, though the siikies are steadily. Anyone have any ideas?

Another weird thing is she STOMP paces by the run door to be let out. I do let them wander around my backyard when I am outside with me, but I live in a suburban area so it's not all the time. I have searched to make sure she isn't laying them around the yard, but she isn't! Either way she is like DYING to break free of the run every day and acts like she's starving when she sees insects. They are all fed with Kalmbach organic layer feed, organic scratch in small amounts and veggies/mealworms for treats here and there!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom