I want pictures!! Newegg here!! Updated Chick #s p3

paceysgl5- having two levels in your coop would be a great way to add square footage in your coop! I'm in the process of remodeling my coop and making 6-8 pens with one for raising chicks and pullets in my 20x35 making 12x12 pens for 5-6 hens and 1 rooster giving 20 or sq ft of inside space I'm wanting to start breeding and raising chicks. I will probably have EE's, RIR, RI whites or Delawares, white leghorns, Australorps, maybe turkens, and make Sexlinks with my RIR Rooster X RI White or Delawares. What do you think everyone?

-Nate

ACK this chicken math has bitten me hard. LOL. Instead of the 10 free males as packing material we changed our order to 10 more pullets with the direct intention of selling them ALL. LOL. We do not need 25 chicks, our coop is already too small!!
smile.png
Already have someone vying for 6 of them so that's good. I'm hoping they might be able to tag the different breeds, bc this person wants silver laced wyandottes and since we're getting golden laced, I don't know if it'll be obvious which are his 6...the other 4 extra will either be EE's or BO's since those are pretty apparent which are which.

Yes, we did keep the same assortment, though the 15th (Meyers Meal Maker free chick) is now a 2nd Golden Laced Wyandotte which I'm happy about since I think they are beautiful. No surprises anymore though
sad.png

Nate - great idea! And thanks you guys for the whole space issue thing. We are not 100% sure about putting the chickens in at night, but have ordered an automatic door opener just in case. The run *should* be safe and I'd like them to have that additional space, esp in the summer, but the last thing I want (already preparing myself for) is to find a dead chicken...

Wow, less than 3 weeks now!!! So excited for Feb 11th - right before v-day weekend too, will be so special. I just hope they arrive on time and don't get delayed due to under-hatching eggs or something.

More pictures!! Thanks for all the replies. My name is Lauren BTW.
smile.png

Ack now it's becoming real - 2.5 weeks supposedly though I'm not getting my hopes up since the Golden Laced Wyandottes for Feb 9th have been oversold but they still told me that's my ship date. Now I'm really nervous about this whole adventure!!

On a good note though, we finished the molding around the shed AND moved the huge thing (on casters & with the help of an SUV for supprt) down the hill between our driveway and backyard. This afternoon we're going to try to move it closer to it's new spot. Once we do that, only thing left is building the nest boxes and roosts.

LOL...yep I'm updating again. I told my DH not to let me call Ideal bc i keep changing our order. So hopefully this will be it. at least our chicks should all be growing in the incubators at Ideal right now, so maybe that'll keep me from changing things.

Anyway, I was worried about the GLW being oversold for Feb 9th and I didn't want my order put off for weeks...so I changed those out to 2 Partridge Cochins instead. I've heard they are very sweet hens so we'll see. Also, I found someone to buy 6 of my extra 10 pullets, so we ordered 6 SLW for him. So that left me with 4 extra...and I decided to order 2 white silkies and 2 grey silkies LOL.

FINAL order count:

5 EE's
2 Columbian Wyandottes
2 Partridge Cochins
2 BO's
2 BR's
2 White bantam Silkies
2 Grey bantam silkies
1 Golden Campine
1 RIR

I figure the silkies will be fun and maybe out of the 4 we'll get 1 female since they are all straight run, and we can sell the Roo's. I'm also mentally preparing myself for any DOA's that come
sad.png

Also, update on the coop - we moved it out to the backyard. Not in it's final place but that's mainly bc of snow - have to wait for it to melt. I can only hope it melts before we need to put the chicks outside in April/May!

SO...PICTURES are still wanted!! And now I have more breeds to add photos of!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom