I want to say I am sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanderfelt

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 12, 2009
Cromwell -ish, Indiana.
I made a very ill thought out rant yesterday about kids. I vented inappropriately. I was angry because I had gotten back from the grocery at eleven o'clock at night and encountered a clueless mom and her kid in the meat section, the child was picking his nose and stabbing his fingers through the cellophane on the steaks, hamburgers, etc. I pointed this out to the mother and she just smiled and said he liked to touch things. When I told the little kid that was not very nice he bit me. Again, not trying to justify the meanness of my post, just trying to share where my mind was at. I am sooooo sorry.

That's awful behavior from that family.
ep.gif
I hate to see mothers that ignore awful things their kids may do,both those things are horrid!!I would've told the store of the buger popped meat packs,people can get sick from that kid.Who knows where his fingers have been!!
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
I didn't read your rant, but from what you experienced yesterday, it sounds like you were entitled to it
wink.png

You are fine. But, that mother wasn't. WHY can't people see what their kids do. My 9 year old (or will be the 20th) has a little buddy thats family thinks they have to walk around egg shells with him and big brother "because they have such tender feelings." Well, shoot, so does my 9 year old, but I tell him what I think when he does something I deem inappropriate, and while I am nice but firm about it, he has survived and is a much more well rounded kid than his buddy is.

I didn't take your venting personally, doubt if many did. Don't worry about it!!

I think I would rant if I had been there
ep.gif
I used to work at bank that was inside the a grocery store. and about 2 pm you can hear the kids start to scream while in the store. I can always tell which kid did get their nap for the day. Moms seem to be clueless about the needs of their children. OK that was my little rant. So I don't think an apology is to necessary.

Last edited:
Quote:
absoluty, poor behavior should not be accepted, anywhere under any circumstance.

but in the other hand to judge an entire group of people (especially those who are completly defenseless)from the behavior of one in the entire group would be considered racesist, if it was based on the color of the particular race,
would be considered sexsism if it was against a particular sex, etc..

thats hard said , and probably confusing to read and understand sorry just trying to word it politacally correct

we have the right to free speech, but not the right to slander entire group

Quote:
and it wasnt nessicarly your rant it was were it lead too, if i recall

Quote:
and sometimes parents have gone through all the needs of there children and there is no relief from a sreamin kid. but it what you dont see that counts (the woopin they got out in the car)

as a young parent myself , and as times are chaging no one here can say there not!
spankin a child in public is not as accepted as it used to be even here in the south
I have tried it and have recieved some pretty dirty looks, but whaT can you do.
it seems to be a darn if you do, darn if you dont, situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom