I WANT to wear my contacts, but Sheesh. . .

I didn't know there was an issue about not fitting!!. I will ask about that. My annual eye visit is in April. I will try different cleaning solutions first and see if that's it and if not, try different lenses.

Thanks a bunch!! I am so looking forward to wearing contacts all the time!

deborah

I am with you on the blurriness and scratchy feeling. I finally found contact that fit well and did not blur up. I tear a lot so I have a lot of protein residue on my contacts. I have to rub them good when I take them out and rub them good before putting them. I also us re-wetting drops when my eyes feel scratchy.

How long have you worn them consistently, you said your annual exam is in april. Do you feel like you have worn them long enough for your eyes to be used to them.

Fit is important -- have you been checked for an astigmatism?

here is link with some more info on uncomfortable contacts.

Good luck.

I wear mine daily, take them out at night -- could not live without them, i hate my glasses. I wear the multi focal lens now that i have turned 50.
hide.gif

Last edited:
I've been a successful contact wearer since the early 80s.

I only have one eye good enough to be correctable, so I make out like a bandit - get the pair, both the prescription for my right, good, eye. No mixing up left 'n' right, and a pair is like 2 pairs for me.

I notice my left eye has a lot of floaters in it, probably due to a lifetime of riding motorcycles, playing with camping stoves, you name it. The contact in my right seems to have had a protective effect, no floaters.

My right has/had a bit of neovascularization, because for a few years there I just left the lens in all the time - these are daily wears, supposed to take 'em out and clean 'em every night.

The real breaktrhough for me was cleaning with Simple Green. Just a few drops, basically I take the lense out of the holder in the morning, dump the saline it was in on it, then a few drops of Simple Green, rub around (ALWAYS handle lenses after washing hands, cleanliness and more importantly, it softens the hands up) then rinse with water, salt up wiht a little saline, and stick it in. Simple Green is my little secret, I don't tell anyone about it. So uhh, you didn't read this.

I use the Opti-Free Express or something, comes in a green package. Frankly you can make up salt water and it'll work ifine, you can dip up a little ocean water and it will work fine. The keyword as always is cleanliness.

I'm getting to the age that I can wear my lens and then get reading classes for close-up stuff, or I can get glasses and peer over 'em or under 'em for close up stuff. I like the lens though. I've been in some amazing motorcycle crashes and the lens was not disturbed in the least.

I'm legally blind without correction and have had to have multiple eye surgeries.

Acuvue, Acuvue, Acuvue!!!

Daily disposables only.

^ Acuvue burns my eyes. It's all on YOUR eye type. I do very badly to the thin pliable ones but I react very very well to the thicker sturdier ones. You DO need to rub no matter what they say... your protein in your eye builds up and that's what causes the pain.

As for the nails thing, you gotta press your eyelid into your eyeball and slide sideways. It's hard to get used to.

Oh and I found out recently you also need to change your contact case frequently... the nasties build up in them and apparently a LOT of eyepain can be attributed to poorly cleaned/used cases. Get a new one every 3 months, my doctor says.

Quote:
Both that and the buildup and the 'rub' are the reason I use daily disposables. I never even need any solution. I wash my hands, put in new contacts, take them out, throw them away.

Glorious freedom. No solutions, no cases, no kidding!!

Quote:
Both that and the buildup and the 'rub' are the reason I use daily disposables. I never even need any solution. I wash my hands, put in new contacts, take them out, throw them away.

And four times the price!! I get monthlies but keep them in for two weeks, since night wear stresses them. I don't wait for the gritty feeling... by then it's too late.

AND ALWAYS TAKE THEM OUT AND TOSS IF YOU GET SICK!!!!! I was hospitalized for a day with blindness because we couldn't get them out and my eyegunk had FUSED my contact to my eye and caused me to be SEVERELY photosensitive. It was hard to call 000 (911) because I couldn't see the 'brightly lit' keypad.

Quote:

And four times the price!! I get monthlies but keep them in for two weeks, since night wear stresses them. I don't wait for the gritty feeling... by then it's too late.

AND ALWAYS TAKE THEM OUT AND TOSS IF YOU GET SICK!!!!! I was hospitalized for a day with blindness because we couldn't get them out and my eyegunk had FUSED my contact to my eye and caused me to be SEVERELY photosensitive. It was hard to call 000 (911) because I couldn't see the 'brightly lit' keypad.

Eek!! You poor thing! My dailies cost me about $.50 ESD each day...I'm not sure about where you are. I buy them from a wholesale club (Costco) and get the 90 packs. If you look, you can usually find good coupons, too.

I think it's about $170 a year. I don't know what normal lenses cost anymore, but to me, the risk of re-using them isn't worth it, with all the issues I've had. I find them more comfortable, too.

Quote:

Eek!! You poor thing! My dailies cost me about $.50 ESD each day...I'm not sure about where you are. I buy them from a wholesale club (Costco) and get the 90 packs. If you look, you can usually find good coupons, too.

I think it's about $170 a year. I don't know what normal lenses cost anymore, but to me, the risk of re-using them isn't worth it, with all the issues I've had. I find them more comfortable, too.

No such thing as coupons in Australia.
hmm.png
Mine cost me $60 for 3 pairs. $120 if they're disposables for... one months worth. You heard me. And that's WITH privatized healthcare.

I was told to start buying mine from America so I could get them for $20 for 3 pairs... this is an excellent deal, to me.
hmm.png
(I have to get from certain sites because only a few ship here, and I need to send them my script as well.. thank GOODNESS both my eyes are the same or it would be TWICE as much).

We JUST got Costco here... but it's 1000 miles away.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom