I WANT to wear my contacts, but Sheesh. . .

Holy moly...Well, it'd be worth it to pony up for Costco and mail order. I can't believe those costs. Unreal.

Quote:
Eek!! You poor thing! My dailies cost me about $.50 ESD each day...I'm not sure about where you are. I buy them from a wholesale club (Costco) and get the 90 packs. If you look, you can usually find good coupons, too.

I think it's about $170 a year. I don't know what normal lenses cost anymore, but to me, the risk of re-using them isn't worth it, with all the issues I've had. I find them more comfortable, too.

No such thing as coupons in Australia.
hmm.png
Mine cost me $60 for 3 pairs. $120 if they're disposables for... one months worth. You heard me. And that's WITH privatized healthcare.

I was told to start buying mine from America so I could get them for $20 for 3 pairs... this is an excellent deal, to me.
hmm.png
(I have to get from certain sites because only a few ship here, and I need to send them my script as well.. thank GOODNESS both my eyes are the same or it would be TWICE as much).

We JUST got Costco here... but it's 1000 miles away.
hmm.png

Quote:
No such thing as coupons in Australia.
hmm.png
Mine cost me $60 for 3 pairs. $120 if they're disposables for... one months worth. You heard me. And that's WITH privatized healthcare.

I was told to start buying mine from America so I could get them for $20 for 3 pairs... this is an excellent deal, to me.
hmm.png
(I have to get from certain sites because only a few ship here, and I need to send them my script as well.. thank GOODNESS both my eyes are the same or it would be TWICE as much).

We JUST got Costco here... but it's 1000 miles away.
hmm.png

My healthcare is weird. Last year I got a years worth of contacts for $8. This year? $20 a pair. Could even be because I switched eyecare places. Healthcare here is SO particular about shop/brand/everything. You don'tr even normally know what your discount is until you get it.

I might go back to the $8 place and try again to see if it was just a healthcare fluke.

Glasses are insanely cheap though. I get designer frames because my healthcare will pay for $300 of my glasses. I still only end up paying $100 or so with transitions, designer frames (Prada, these ones) and a spare cheap pair with no frills.

I don't get it. Maybe we just hate contacts. Sorry to threadjack!!

Back
Top Bottom