I was told this rooster came from Pakistan? Edited

He's beautiful! He might be ok with the females? I would try it with strict supervision after you've had him a while. He might have just had aggressive birds that he was responding to, you know? Sometimes just getting the bird out of the situation helps.

Good luck!

Shelly

I have no idea what it is other than beautiful I do know it's NOT a leghorn...leghorns have white ears and that fella has pretty red ones.

Quote:
Yeah, this guy isn't aggressive towards us. It's just that he is in a different place and don't know us is why DH got flapped at but he in general is a nice bird towards us.

I have an AO that is like that too. He is tame and will tolerate another roo but he will be the dominate one. I have 3 roos as it is to get him used to. One of them is part japanese bantam so he has an attitude. I have to supervise their introduction.

Anyway, ya'all say he's an asil. He is a good size too so that means he is't mixed. Did I understand that right?

Quote:
I agree!
thumbsup.gif

Shelly

im being carfull but u may have been given a past fighting cock if it were me id give him to a breeder that breeds them for show not fights and let them decide if its worth it or not he could be a valuble breeding cock. i have a friend who breeds them their realy not pet or backyard birds id leave this breed to the experts.

Quote:
Yeah, this guy isn't aggressive towards us. It's just that he is in a different place and don't know us is why DH got flapped at but he in general is a nice bird towards us.

I have an AO that is like that too. He is tame and will tolerate another roo but he will be the dominate one. I have 3 roos as it is to get him used to. One of them is part japanese bantam so he has an attitude. I have to supervise their introduction.

Anyway, ya'all say he's an asil. He is a good size too so that means he is't mixed. Did I understand that right?

There is a good chance he's not mixed (or if he is, it was quite a few generations ago). It'd be better if we could see a photo of him standing on his own to be sure. Aseels have a certain uprightness to their stance and wings held at a certain angle.

Quote:
DO NOT PUT HIM WITH YOUR BIRDS !!!!!!!!!!! He could have a dieses and he WILL fight other males ....

Edited to conform to the rules of BYC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom