I was told this rooster came from Pakistan? Edited

Don't we have some members here that are from Pakistan or that area? Maybe they have a forum you could ask them what breed it may be. Just a thought...
big_smile.png

I also agree that he is more than likely an Asil or Asil cross. This breed is typically easy to handle. I raise asil and I love them. However, true to form, they are male aggressive and it is best not to house him in or around either males. I currently only have two Asil males that are both less than a year old, and they remain seperated at all times (barring some crazy incident). And I know this thread is bordering on rules, but I find it necessary to comment that Asils have been bred true to their nature vs. being bred for the show coop. Breeders of this breed do no breed them for the illegal, they are bred for the preservation of a foundation breed. The thought is burned into many ideas that because he is game (or any other game male) that that is what they were used for. This is not the case. They get a bad rap for the past of the breed, and not fair. But my personal opinion, if you craigslist him (for free or cost of feed or whatever) listing him as even an asil cross male, you should be able to re-home him with no problem.

Quote:
now on the earlopes....didn't even notice..LOL I agree aseel
wink.png

Also, he has no waddles. Look at the head shot. But he has large spurs. Definatlly a roo.

Ducks Waddle-chickens have Wattles.

QuailHollowP&P :

Well.. I'm not sure what breed he is, but.... I think he's <umm>
duc.gif
UGLY.
sickbyc.gif

Wow, thats the first time I have ever seen somebody tell somebody else that their bird is UGLY. Gosh, if I was attached to this bird I would be offended, but i'm not. I think he is beautiful. I love his coloring. Thank you for taking the time for your useful imput.​

Quote:
Also, he has no waddles. Look at the head shot. But he has large spurs. Definatlly a roo.

Ducks Waddle-chickens have Wattles.

Sorry about the spelling. I didn't realize what I had done. Thats cute though.

"Ducks Waddle, Chickens have Wattles"
gig.gif

Just the major differences between this bird and Denizli fowl are the comb type (this one does not have a single comb), ear lobes (this one red, Denizli white) and just overall type.

most likely he is an asil from a line originating in Pakistan. they are larger and as some have said if he were standing in the pic we'd have a better idea. You've got to remember while we here in the U.S. have a very strict idea of what an asil is the concept of asil or aseel is a lot more fluid in the middle east and India. Some strains over there are even straightcombed. :O

as far as whether the bird himself was from Pakistan, at one point the laws for importation were a lot more friendly so adult stock may have been brought over a few generations ago but even still you can import eggs given the proper paperwork and blood testing of the broodfowl.

I would say that the guy who gave him to you considering how rare the bird is he is attempting to make friends with you through common ground (love of chickens) and attempting to share his culture with you. In the old days a gift of a well bred asil was a very high honor often given by nobles to visiting nobles or those who performed a difficult service. I remember reading once of a man who engineered a oil drilling and refinery station for a sheik in the middle east and as part of his payment the man was given a trio of bearded asils as a gift of gratitude.

Quote:
I don't know what that is. I'll have to look it up. I did look up Shamo and according to the description and a picture he fits the bill on that breed. There is only 1 thing I don't know if it matches is how he stands. We have had him in quarenteen in a pen and if he stands tall like the Shamo do, he can't in that pen. I don't want to let him out just yet. The pen is big enough as far as space just not that tall. None of my chickens that have been in that pen where ever tall enough for it to be too short for them. This pen is used temporarily for young chickens.
(Please excuse any mis-spelled words)

What is SP?

Back
Top Bottom