I was told this rooster came from Pakistan? Edited

emvickrey

ChowDown Silkie Farm
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hornbeak, Tennessee
The man across the street came over the other day and said his dad has these chickens that came from Pakistan. He would bring us one. This roo has pin feathers starting on his head and down his neck. He has large spurs though. So he isn't young. I figure at least a year old.
Here are some pics. Could somebody identify him for me please. He is a beautiful bird but I can't put him with my flock because the man said he will fight till the death. We don't allow mean chickens here. He is very beautiful.
I'm not sure if I want to find a hen or not. I may just rehome him.

CrissysPictures071.jpg

CrissysPictures072.jpg

Ignore the mad look on DH's face. He had just got wings flapped in his face. He was getting ready to close his eyes in case of another wild burst. lol

Last edited:
Maybe an Aseel? that's what they use for doing that BAD BAD thing! It doesn't seem to have really good evidence of being fought. I would be very careful around it!

Last edited:
I do not know what breed he is, but it is not illegal to own any breed of chicken, sorry. No matter what he is, owning him is not a crime anywhere in the U.S. that I'm aware of. He has beautiful colors in his plumage, though.
And as Jody said:

2. No PETA or Cock fighting posts, period!

Unless this conversation is limited to what breed he is, the thread will be closed.

This roo has pin feathers starting on his head and down his neck

Could be that he is coming into or going out of a molt. I have 4 Rhode Island reds that get that way right before a molt..
As for that rooster being used for "bad things" I would say no..

Chris​

Back
Top Bottom