I will have Icelandic chicks and eggs soon--

revelu

Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Midland, MI
My friend has written an article about her Icelandic chickens for the latest Backyard Poultry magazine (I think that's the title anyway) and she has had many requests from people looking for Icelandic chicks and hatching eggs.
She does not have the time to deal with this so I will be hatching Icelandic chicks for those who want them, these are very very rare in this country-- our stock is from the first birds imported from Iceland a few years ago--
this is just a notice -- and if you're interested in Icelandic chicks or hatching eggs please let me know! When I get my own flock built up we will have many more available--

cool!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Just curious. Is this an actual breed or is it just a mixture af all the breeds that have been imported there and they are just called this because this is the placed they mixed them all up?
Are these accepted by the APA or is there a standard. I am not very familar with this breed but the pics I seen of them suggest that it doesnt really matter what color or traits they have. It doesnt seem to matter if they have a bit of a tuft on thier heads or muffs or whatever. Please correct me if I am wrong as I would like to know more about this breed. Some of the spotted ones are colored really pretty and what do you aim for when breeding them?

I am intrested as well !!! Pleae put me on the list would also like to see pictures of the actual birds they will be coming from Thanks

Last edited:
Hey I read that article and found them very interesting I am wanting on you waiting list also!! Please notify me when your ready to sell!!

Back
Top Bottom