I will never try to help a cooper hawk again!

Quote:
Yea, that's me too.

Hope your wounds heal up fast Silkie, good idea at the time tho, I probably would have done the same thing.

Wildsky -
gig.gif

Hydrogen peroxide is highly damaging to healing skin. It causes the most scar tissue of any disinfectant. The best disinfectant for amount of bacteria killed compared to damage to the good cells is betadine. It will not slow healing and will not over dry the skin. Peroxide will damage the tissue and alcohol and iodine will overly dry it slowing healing. Now all of the above can be used if necessary and will stop infection and eventually lead to a healed wound but it will take longer and there's more likely to be lasting damage like scars. Chlorhexadine ranks 2nd but it can be hard to find. A feed store is actually a better bet for betadine and chlorhexidine. Everyone gets too stuck on the cool bubble action from peroxide and wants to pour it on everything so that's what sells the most.
roll.png

well i do have some betadine from when diamond was attacked. i'll have to put some of that on it before i go to school. thanks for that tidbit of information Akane!

Back
Top Bottom