I would like to welcome my cochin girls Princess & Perdita *Pic Heavy*

Plucky Pullet

Songster
9 Years
Aug 18, 2010
I purchased 2 sister cochin chickens two days ago. When I brought them home my DH accused me of bringing home emus
gig.gif
So after a day of confinement and lots of stink eye (directed at me
hide.gif
) from speckles my new cochins are settling in nicely. They are 6 months old and very sweet (but not as sweet as my girl Specks). I would like to introduce Princess and Perdita (no I can't tell then apart)

IMG_5693.jpg

All they need is a parasol each!!

IMG_5695.jpg

Speckles is not intimidated by their size, she has quickly told them who is boss when it comes to treats.

IMG_5696.jpg

they both have lots of growing to do!

IMG_5704.jpg

Beautiful feathers

IMG_5703.jpg

putting up with being held, I heard some fowl language for subjecting her to this

IMG_5706.jpg

enjoying their free range time with LOTS of treats, I am not above bribery

I now know that the black Cochin I have really IS a bantam! I had my doubts until I saw these pictures of yours.

Lola is bigger than any other bantam Cochins I've had - only 4 in the past 7 months, but 3 have met unexpected deaths - so I thought, "Another feed store mistake." But your girls are far larger than my Lola.

Thank you for all the comments :) I love the way my chickens look, now fingers crossed all the bribery will encourage them to start laying soon-ish... pretty please

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I LOVE the 1st picture!
lau.gif
Looks like they're just floating around!
gig.gif

Where are their feet!
th.gif

it is my favorite picture too!! They are beautiful birds, but let me tell you they sure do know it.​

Back
Top Bottom