IA here

My bantam frizzle cochins are awesome. Good mamas and friendly to boot. My splash cochin is kind of a bear though. I think its because she is broody all the time.

I was wondering if anyone here could possibly take my chickens to watch or know of anyone who can. I am leaving in 2 weeks to go to Pennsylvania and will be there for 3 weeks. I did have a place for them, but my grandma was the one who set it up and there was a misunderstanding and they thought they could keep them, for good.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
smile.png

Quote:
Sorry about your loss! I remembered a posting on Craigslist in May. Someone in Waverly had a bunch of chicks for sale including bantam frizzle cochins. Not quite the same, but maybe a little different isn't a bad thing? I looked it up and the number is 319-269-9702.

you don't want this guys birds - they are rescues from hatcheries and usually not in good shape. I have not been able to keep his birds alive for more than a few weeks. He very seldom has what he says he has when it comes to breeds as well... you want a good bird, contact a breeder and see if they have a young bird to sell... or find someone who loves their flock and has some for sale. Either way, you will get a solid calm bird with very little if any health or behavior problems

Hi,

Does anyone near me in Madison county have any Orpington roos they would part with? I think I would like to get one about the same size as my pullets now which is 9 weeks and 3 that are 6 weeks. I have someone ready to give me one now that is last years hatch but she doesn't know what kind it is. I am new enough I don't know either. I am planning for next year and really only want one breed of rooster and I really want Orpingtons I think. I am just really concerned to put a roo that is that old in with my young girls.

I appreciate it but that is a bit far for me right now. I would have been willing to go to Polk county by Des Moines, but we just can't afford to travel too much right now. Work has been so slow. Am I right to be concerned to add a roo that old to my younger pullets?

No I don't think we can right now. So I think I would just prefer to wait until I find one the size of my girls now or wait until I start my next batch early next year.

Back
Top Bottom