IA here

Thats just it Trish and Craig, finding the right time.  I thought about May but it was suggested to me that many exhibitors birds are not in condition yet.
Perhaps a show that is the same weekend as the Galesville WI show?  Think thats the 1st weekend in June??  Maybe mid-late June.

Isn't Avaco Mother's day weekend? If it is, anybody that showed there should have their birds in condition.

Isn't Avaco Mother's day weekend? If it is, anybody that showed there should have their birds in condition.
Around here the fairground buildings are all full of Motorhomes and Campers from Mid Fall to Mid April. I think it is about trying for a time when nothing else within 6 hrs has a show. There really are not many shows around if you really check. In the spring there is only 1 in Iowa, 2 in Missouri, 1 Kansas, 1 Nebraska, 2 Illinois , 1 or 2 in Minnesota, and non listed for North or South Dakota. Not much in Wisconsin is close enough to be affected.

Yes, Jim you're right Mother Day wknd. for Avoca. I think the 1st of June?? would be a good time for one. That would leave July and August for most county and State Fairs and Sept.
The facility they are considering here is a huge indoor area that they actually haul in dirt for horse shows! They do everything from flea markets to cattle shows in it. It has heat and a/c. Tons of parking. Craig when was the 1st show in Mason City? Was that the 2nd weekend in July?
What I should do is call Bart Pals and ask him if he would make the North Iowa Club part of this venture. We have no idea of the protocol for setting up and organizing a show. Is there a manual to follow?

Last edited:
Yes, Jim you're right Mother Day wknd. for Avoca. I think the 1st of June?? would be a good time for one. That would leave July and August for most county and State Fairs and Sept. The facility they are considering here is a huge indoor area that they actually haul in dirt for horse shows! They do everything from flea markets to cattle shows in it. It has heat and a/c. Tons of parking. Craig when was the 1st show in Mason City? Was that the 2nd weekend in July? What I should do is call Bart Pals and ask him if he would make the North Iowa Club part of this venture. We have no idea of the protocol for setting up and organizing a show. Is there a manual to follow?

It was in July concurrent with the fair. Contact Bart. Trish and I are learning what to do from Phl.

I have a 9 week GLW roo and a 9 week Black Star pullet that I don't have room for if anyone is interested. I am in the Ames area. I got them both from Ideal in September - due to the minimum order I had to get more than I have room for. So far the roo is a very sweet bird. He is also huge! The black star has a lot of pretty brown coloring around her neck. PM me if you are interested. Thanks! 

PS - am I allowed to post this here? 

I would love the pullet if you still have her I sent you a pm but haven't heard anything.

hi we are located in Des Moines with 7 hens and 18 chicks. quick question- anyone know of any upcoming swaps, sales, etc hopefully for rarer breeds. or anyone looking to get rid of some pullets?

Back
Top Bottom