IA here

Aww! So so cute! You have beautiful birds! I might not be ready just yet though. Id like to get a bit of privacy fence for them. Atleast enough so that people cant see them from the road. I will probably only be wanting a pair. Would 100sq feet satisfy them? Can i lock them up at night in a coop? We have a big fat owl who is always pretty interested in our going ons at night. = X

Just saying Hello! I'm Megan from Mt. Pleasant, IA. My husband and I are new to Hobby Farming an loving every minute of it. We have goat, pigs, chickens, ducks, dogs and cats. We hope to get a cow for our over grown pasture next spring and maybe even a sheep, but we no nothing about sheep at all. This has been a dream come true for us. We have five kids, 9,6,4, and twin 2 year olds. I'm so glad my kids get to experience the county life. Hope to get to know some of you more:)

Just saying Hello! I'm Megan from Mt. Pleasant, IA. My husband and I are new to Hobby Farming an loving every minute of it. We have goat, pigs, chickens, ducks, dogs and cats. We hope to get a cow for our over grown pasture next spring and maybe even a sheep, but we no nothing about sheep at all. This has been a dream come true for us. We have five kids, 9,6,4, and twin 2 year olds. I'm so glad my kids get to experience the county life. Hope to get to know some of you more:)
Welcome to the post! I have learned quite a bit here myself. My hubby and I just got a 1-acre plot 2 years ago. Not the land we'd dreamed of, but defiantly a start. We have four kids ages 9, 6, 3, and 9mos. We live just N. of Clinton, IA. We have chickens and rabbits, (no dogs or cats due to our 3yo.'s allergies). :-( But we're hoping in a few years on his drop therapy that he'll be "cured" of his allergies, and then we plan to look into getting 2 small goats! Don't you just LOVE the country life and all it has to offer the kids!! Glad to have you on this forum!

Our first "in-house" hatch! So excited. I was able to procure two silkies this year (dream come true). This gal is Flower, my youngest daughter named her, and her three babies. I gave her four eggs of mixed breeds, and to our surprise and excitement, three eggs hatched. Now her buddy, Little Bit, has decided to go broody too!

Here's Flower. She's keeping here eye on me.
lol.png

And her three babies. The black one I know is a mix of our silver-laced Wyandotte roo, and a black australorpe hen. The other two, I have not a clue. Will be interesting to see what they end up looking like.
love.gif

3 years + on our dream hobby farm, though no kids to enjoy it with us. Instead we indulge our inner child
wink.png
. We have almost 10 acres so plenty of room to play! We have horses, chickens, turkeys, muscovies, lots of cats, a big garden and orchard and 1 Great Pyrenees to guard everything.

Kaz is learning to slow down when he tries to talk to the kittens. He likes to run up to them, but that usually earns him a spit in the face and hurt feelings!

Glad I found an active Iowa thread!! We live over by Pella. We have 3 GL wyandottes, 1 BLRW, 3 SL cochins and 3 lakenvelders that are all 17 Weeks we are anxiously awaiting egg laying time!! We also have 2 EE, 2 blue silkies, and 3 salmon favorelles that are 9 Weeks old, except most of that group is roosters =/ hoping to make good acquaintances here and add to our flock!!

Hi! Glad to have found the Iowa thread.ni am new to the site. We live near Waverly. We currently have a handful of chickens, a horse and dairy goats. Does anyone else milk goats? I can't say I know too many around here because people think we've lost our mi ds when I tell them I have to go home to milk the goats!

Back
Top Bottom