IA here

Kathy, I had some blue and splash cochin chicks.
tongue.png
Oh well!

It was great meeting you! Nice to put a face with the name! Let me know how your hatch goes. I just love my Cuckoo Marans for their temperament. I hope you love them as much as I do. Their temperament seems to be even better than any Cochin's I've ever seen. And that says a lot!

I came home with my Heritage RIR's and project bantam Marans from Gary Underwood. What a great guy he is! I hope to learn a lot from him about breeding and showing.

I also came home with some Barred rocks from Exhibition lines from Floyd Stees. I had him pick out the ones he would use for breeders out of his group. I hope to see him when I start showing too.

Got back home and took care of the critters and then took a nap. Now I need to pack the non-live stuff up so that it is ready to go tomorrow and I don't have so much to pack in the morning. I got a couple of chicks and an Araucana rooster.
big_smile.png
I'm going to put him in with my Araucana/Cochin hen and a few bantam Cochin hens for now and will hopefully find some Araucana hens sometime in the near future. I sold out of my hens within the 1st half hour of the swap. I also sold the 3 BO chicks I took and also the 3 billy goats I took. I was nice to see fellow BYC peeps. Maybe I will see some of you tomorrow also?

Quote:
Speaking of eggs from flashpoint farms - I got some from her last week and they all seem to look good so far. There are two or three I can't see thru but the others all show development.

Stephanie,

I agree, some of those eggs I sent you will be impossible to candle. AND, they are most likely the purebred Ameraucana. Also, since the EE's are in with a purebred Ameraucana roo, the offspring's egg color will be awesome.

Quote:
Speaking of eggs from flashpoint farms - I got some from her last week and they all seem to look good so far. There are two or three I can't see thru but the others all show development.

We had a great swap in Maquoketa today. We had 6oo paid admissions that does not count the kids who were free. I appreciate everyone who came and made it happen. We had people there from all over iowa, Kansas, Wisconsin, and Illinois.

I agree, Laurie. I had a blast. Met some friends there, and made some new ones! There were a couple of show breeders there. One I had met from Il to bring me some Heritage RIR chicks- Gary Underwood. Well done with the advertising, Laurie. I, for one, appreciate all you do!

Maybe I'll get some Cayugas from you in the fall? Bummer they were just hatching yesterday. I just want a couple or 3 as pets, so no hurry.

Quote:

Laurie - I was wondering about admission when we were there yesterday. I wasn't sure if there was any and checked out the website this morning. We came about 9am, so not sure if admission was still being collected. However, we didn't get asked to pay anything. When we left we realized we probably came in the "back" entrance - came through the kids playing soccer until we saw the cars for the swap and then parked. Just an FYI for future swaps - might want to post someone at other spots where people can get in. We would've paid had we known!
smile.png

My son was on that gate did you walk in? I noticed some people walking in while he was busy taking admissions from a car. That was probably you. LOL

I think I will put up a sign that says admission is $3

Back
Top Bottom