IA here

all this wonderful weather talk serves you right to catch crabs. lol you went digging for craps would have sounded better.
you wear your teds with sandles and shorts? man i though my mom was the only 1 but she wears moomoos.
big_smile.png
glad you had a good time have safe flight home.

Quote:
OMG.. laughed my hindquarters off over that one! The truth is... no Tom Cruise, but Lora did take flower pics! I just threw that in for giggles. Swanky beach cafe yes. No ted hose but do have a sore foot. we did catch crabs, you drop your fishing line in the water in front of the crabs and they grab the bait and don't let go. they are little crabs, biggest was about 6" across. They were put right back in the water after pictures. Down there everyone orders "stoners" for dinner. I told them that meant something else to me..............

We are back in Omaha. Flight was diverted from Nashville to Ohare then to Omaha. We had a half hour wait for delayed passengers in Chicago. Then another 1/2 hour for their luggage! I guess there was a plane mechanical issue. set flight back longer yet.
The flight was completely full of infants! There musta been a convention somewhere. I felt sorry for them when coming down, they can't make their ear drums pop so they all cried. And of course i got seated next to the guy that stinks like b.o. hope that makes everyone happy! So we decided to stay the night and leave in the morning. It's nice to be almost home again.
big_smile.png
We are all grumpy and tired. I will take the boys drowning oh I mean swimming in a few. Then to eat and chill.

Quote:
Yippeee!!! Another central Iowan. I am always looking for chicken people within 50 miles of me.
yippiechickie.gif

I may have 10-12 roosters to sell this spring. Not sure what breeds yet...I have a 100 pullet variety pak from McMurray's and several are starting to show combs at just 4 weeks. Most of the chicks appear to be Australorp, Comet, White JG, EEs, BR and SLW. If no one buys them, they will be put in with the Cornish Cross that we get every April, and go to Freezer camp in the fall. If interested, keep an eye on Craig's list, I will put them on there when I know what they are.

Got a new Orloff egg this am
smile.png
. That is she layed her first egg only don't know which one it was? Have a new cockerel crowing too. Ah spring is in the air - somewhere?

Quote:
Just got them. All look good, candled one it was not frozen. Will let them set overnight then plop them in the bator. Weather! HA! Wonder why I left now? Went from tropic to tundra!

I wish I had the camera today. Jerrit was holding the ia blue rooster. It went on his shoulder and then a pullet decided to try and fly up there and was on top of the roo lol, he looked a bit pathetic getting squished by that little girl.

Quote:
LOL

I don't know about yours but my Ia Blue's are characters. The pullets love to fly and "cheat" to be the first one to me for treats. The roo now takes his leadership role very seriously and even gives me the stink eye on occasion.

Quote:
LOL

I don't know about yours but my Ia Blue's are characters. The pullets love to fly and "cheat" to be the first one to me for treats. The roo now takes his leadership role very seriously and even gives me the stink eye on occasion.

Unfortunateley we are not over there enough with them. They are mostly scared of us lol it was hard just trying to catch them! The roo seems pretty heavy/meaty for his age lol he feels like a little fatty. One of the pullets comb got bigger and was pretty red today, the other two just have tiny ones that are pale. Wonder if we will get an egg in a few weeks from one.

Back
Top Bottom