IA here

Thanks I'll pass it on. She's a fighter and will walk out of the hospital.

Congrats on all the hatching. I'm hoping for a phone call next week saying I have chicks. I hate waiting
My ducks are starting to quack and get real feathers still soo cute.

Have a great weekend everyone

Quote:
How are the prices there?

NM I just did mapquest and it is a near 2 hour drive for me
hmm.png

I stopped at Kalona to see what had been checked in already and was surprised that there were not more cages of birds there yet. Lots of Boar goats and some nice sheep and a few culls for the sale tonight.

Quote:
That's what we do if we do a staggered hatch. I like that they dry faster in the LG if you only put a little bit of water or no water in it...and no chicks stumbling over all the eggs you are waiting for to hatch lol.

Quote:
How are the prices there?

NM I just did mapquest and it is a near 2 hour drive for me
hmm.png

I stopped at Kalona to see what had been checked in already and was surprised that there were not more cages of birds there yet. Lots of Boar goats and some nice sheep and a few culls for the sale tonight.

Do you have any idea what the sheep sell for? My hubby is looking for a nice lamb for dinner
smile.png
We see goats at the auctions but not usually lambs/sheep.

Hmmmm....I just realized something.

I have ONE chicken coop. In that chicken coop is a broody hen with eight turkey eggs under her.

In my basement are four rambunctious RIR chicks that are about 6 weeks old.

On May 24, I have four BO's and four SLW chicks coming.

Now how am I going to get everyone where they need to be without disturbing my broody hen (hatches should commence June 5th)....
fl.gif
he.gif
idunno.gif

She'll be fine. That's one of the nice things about using a broody. No worries... You and the chicks can come and go. Broody will be in "the zone".
cool.png

Those RIR's could be out in the coop now. They should be feathered out.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, they are feathered out basically, except I didn't want to put them out there yet for fear of disturbing the broody.

So now I will put my thinking cap on to think of how I can put them in the coop and keep them contained from the rest of the flock.
hmm.png
I am running out of room!

Back
Top Bottom