IA here

See what I mean about spiders
wink.png

OK I'm headed home from the MIL's maybe the hubby can't get the computer working right. He is remodeling her bathroom so spending a lot of time over here and it's making him crabby. He gutted it and started over. All he has left to do is tile the floor and walls.

Luckily she only lives 2 blocks from us.

Quote:
Or unluckily I'm sure it depends sometimes
smile.png

She never bothers us - she "doesn't want to be intrusive on our lives - you know that kind of mother-in-law"

She only calls if she needs something done
roll.png

I see my mom who lives around 10 miles away more often.

Computer is back to kind of functional if I have patience for it. Mike uninstalled IE9 and reinstalled IE8 but it is taking forever to load. Still not normal.

PBJMaker thanks. I like PDZ for drying I have used it in the litter boxes also, i am sure any of the stall dries would work also.

Quote:
Does this PDZ work for odor also?

I'm going to the feed store tomorrow and he should be able to give me the names of a couple of pigeon breeders around here.

Yep it does cut the odor, keeping stuff on the dry side helps keep the odor at bay, bacteria and fungus like moisture and with them they produce most of the yucky odors.
smile.png

Well I just candled my eggs tonight. Got a good flashlight today and took an empty toilet paper tube and put the flashlight in that, egg on top. So this is my call for now. I think I have 12 for sure that are developing and 6 maybe's. I think it will become more apparent to me even by the end of the week or so. I have an egg or two that the shell quality isn't real good and now I know that in the future I probably won't use one like that.

This is a good learning experience.
smile.png

Quote:
I hatched out 1 Iowa Blue today. I set 12 and had 10 duds. 2 developed and 1 was a quitter. I set 14Cochin eggs the same day in the same incubator and got 14 to hatch. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense. I am still learning every hatch.

Back
Top Bottom