IBW begins- day 21.5..pips!!!

This morning at day 19.5, no pips, but I hear some very faint peeping....is that not the sweetest little sound? Still tweaking the temp on this still air hova. Im wondering if after this hatch I shouldnt convert it to a forced air. Ill see how this hatch goes.

clap.gif

Thanks, Katy! We hare having some serious storm warnings, with a tornado watch for the next 12 hours or so, and all I can think of is....puh-LEASE dont lose the power! Im hatching eggs here!

fl.gif
In December I lost power because of an ice storm. The eggs on day 18 got down to about 75 before we got power back. 6 of 12 hatched ....and I don't think the others would have anyway, so don't give up hope if you lose electricity.
smile.png
The chicks that were already hatched I put by the wood stove to keep warm. I think my housecats thought I had brought home take-out for them!!

Funny you say that halo...I had that very same thought the other day when my eggs were hatching and the power went out during a wind storm here. I was going crazy with worry because my hatcher in is my unheated basement and it was coooold.

Jody

Ive got 4 pips on my blue rocks....nothing yet on the americaunas and blue orps.....I think tomorrow will be egg-citing!

Wow,one of the blue rocks just ripped out of his shell and now he's bowling with the rest of the eggs! He's like baby Godzilla!

Back
Top Bottom