Icecream Cake~ How do I mould it???

bantymum

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
4 hours from Sydney Australia
Gidday Friends,
My son's 9 th birthday is Friday and we are having a tent city out the backyard for a camp out on Fri Night.
I was thinking of making an icecream birthday cake so they can have it for dessert after the barbecue dinner.
Im going to buy a tub of Icecream and put little chocs and jellies in it and perhaps marshmallows as well and mix it all in.
Now how do i prepare the mould so it comes out in the perfect shape that I make without sticking? Do I place plastic film in the mould first? or can I just mould it and refreeze it.
I may make a football shape, im not sure yet, it will come to me later!!
I have put xmas lights in all the trees out the back so it wont be so dark, should be fun!!!
Thanks for any help from you cookies!!!

I don't know if they have DQ down under.

Helen, you are right by putting the plastic film (seran wrap) on the pan then scoop ice cream in. You could also bake a cake regular way, then slice it in half and put it on your plastic film, then scoop ice cream in, then other half of cake. It is delicious. Make sure you put icing on it last, right before you guys eat it. It will help cover up any imperfections. Good luck and a big Happy Birthday to the little man.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Thankyou so much, I thought Id fnd an answer here cause you are such lovely homely wimmin!!!!!
Ill just mix in all this yummy stuff with the icecream and mix and refreeze etc.
My legs are aching, I cant stand up from cleaning and pruning low cut branches out the back so the boys dont poke their eyes out.
Ill have to lock up the beasties early so they dont get frightened!!!no balloons or bangy things allowed.
Im setting up a mini pool table under the tree!
I love parties!!! then the inlaws are coming on Sunday for a barbecue too. Im a glutten for punishment but its a labour of love for my sweet boy!!

Helen, I do my ice cream cakes like Texaschickmama posted. I also make a chocolate sponge cake in a jelly roll pan and then spread slightly softened ice cream all over it and roll it up and freeze, then ice it just before serving...decorate to look like a Christmas log for the holidays. Lining with saran wrap makes it much easier to remove from mold or to shape by hand without a lot of the heat from your hands being transferred to cake. Take pics so we can see your work of art!

Back
Top Bottom