Icelandic Chickens

x2
jumpy.gif

Alright everyone we are in lock down!! Temp and humidity are perfect. I ended up with 15 out of 18 eggs that were fertile and developed. I thought that was pretty darn good for shipped eggs. (Whippoorwill Farms) Should start hatching about WEDNESDAY. Ill update as soon as something happens.
Good luck! Looking forward too the chick pics!

Thanks, its good to read posts from 'old' friends, I will visit more often, typing is slow, ar
thritis in hands too. Life goes on. 40 here now, and been raining, I am getting ready to staple up the winter plastic over pen fronts, and plug in the water heaters and put a light bulb in. Looks like 4 roosters out of seven , life goes on. I will be using two, keeping one in reserve, and probably give my sons bride one with a hen. Very colorful group, enough crests and rose combs to keep them coming.

Enjoy !

deputy, you can still pull hair out, just use a magnifying mirror and a tweezer - easy peasy. It will take longer for your hair to grow in next to shaving it because you get roots & all.

Last edited:
Couple of questions, One chick has completely hatched about 3pm and is chirping its brains out. None of the other eggs have started yet.

I should NOT open the Incubator and just wait on the other eggs correct?
How long is it safe to leave the hatched chick in there. I've read 48 to 72 hours?
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom