Icelandic Chickens

Quote:
#1. You don't need any eggs. None of us needs eggs.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Are you having a senior moment again? I'm sure what you meant to say is you know and understand WE ALL NEED EGGS.

Last edited:
Quote:
I hope not, or I'm busted.
hide.gif

For now, I'll be using mine for good broodies. Eventually I may get an Icelandic roo, but I can't give up my Moose boy. (welsummer) And I'm growing out barnevelders to breed also.

ETA: And if I remember correctly (but maybe not) the person was asking about them in a confined space - which I think Mary told them they prefer to have room to roam.

Thanks.

Shawn, that message on the tracking is not unusual. Sometimes it says they "received electronic notification from the shipper to expect the package" and that is the only thing it says until the package is delivered. They went out on the 27th so hopefully they will arrive tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that they arrive tomorrow so you have something to do. Plus I need some positive feedback on my packing.
wee.gif
Hurry up USPS.

Mary

Quote:
I know it's normal for USPS.. but it drives me crazy!!! I know I know... it wasn't a long trip...

I've got the incubator all arranged and empty trays just waiting to be filled... Hopefully all the eggs arrive tomorrow morning and I can start the countdown to there being Icelandics in Idaho and another State conquered!!

Mary I will for sure let you know on the packaging!!

Updates on my batch of Icelandics from Kathy. These guys are so busy they are hard to photgraph... I did the best I could.

25270_kathy_icelandics_20.jpg

I don't know what it is with these guys and wild hair but they sure are cute.

25270_kathy_icelandics_21.jpg

25270_kathy_icelandics_22.jpg

These are my two sticky chicks, they are smaller than the others, but man are they fast.

25270_kathy_icelandics_23.jpg

The only way I could get a group shot, I had to shoot quick before they all tried to fly out.

25270_kathy_icelandics_24.jpg

Then I tried one "out of the box". Half the chicks were well behaved... (see how little "shrinky" (one of the sticky chicks) looks compared to the others)

25270_kathy_icelandics_25.jpg

Then there's the ADD set
roll.png
I had to set the camera on "action" to get a shot of this half.

25270_kathy_icelandics_26.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the updates, I really enjoy playing with them.

Last edited:
Thanks Mary, The older ones are out in the coop in a dog cage where they can get used to the older birds without getting picked on. they seem to be adjusting nicely.

We had 6 "Teenagers" in the cage, which my daughter pitched into general population so she could rotate the Icelandics into the cage. Anyway, we had been undecided on how many of the 6 were boys and if any were girls. But now we know. I went out to the coop to see how the teenagers were fitting in, my main roo Merrie had 5 of the 6 held hostage in a back corner of the coop. The 6th was allowed to move freely about the coop. It seems Merrie iw willing to make the determinations on who is a hen and who needs to be confined to the back corner
lau.gif

I would like to add, he's a gentleman, so there is no damage inflicted on the young men, by Merrie. I did witness a Buff Orp hen giving one of the young men a good swift bonk on the back of his head, apparently she wasn't impressed with his lack of gentility
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom