Ideal customers PLEASE help me with answers!!!!!

I didn't order from Ideal, I ordered from McMurray. I just wanted to say that I had a pleasant experience with the USPS with the order. The chicks shipped Saturday and on Monday morning I got a call from a woman at the USPS in Northern VA (main PO). She was hopping mad. She said she saw my chicks on Sunday and they were supposed to be immediately sent to the main PO in Charlottesville that day to arrive at my PO early Monday morning. When she got to work on Monday, they were still at her PO. She said she opened the box herself and checked out all the chicks and they looked fine. She then sent a special driver to take the chicks immediately to Charlottesville. She apologized profusely, assured me the person responsible had been disciplined, and told me to expect a call from Charlottesville soon because the chicks left her PO a few hours before she called. In short order I got a call from the Charlottesville PO telling me the chicks were there (I heard them peeping in the background) and he was keeping them in a cool room (temps were unusually high at that time for spring) until they would leave for Harrisonburg in about an hour. He gave me 2 numbers for the Harrisonburg PO and even though it is not my PO, Harrisonburg is not too far so I called them and they said they'd hold the chicks when they got them so I could pick them up there. I got there early and they told me they were expecting me and as soon as the truck arrived, they'd bring me my chicks. I saw the truck pull up and the woman immediately quit what she was doing and got my chicks for me. They all arrived alive. I lost 4 of the original 27 within 4 days, and I imagine I would have lost them anyway as they arrived within 2 days.

I hope you got your chicks ok. I just wanted to tell you my experience to let you know that the post office employees can be very kind and helpful - and some will go out of their way to insure your chicks safety. Please let us know when you get the chicks.

Good luck,
Penny

Quote:
I was told if I cancel that Ideal charges a $20.00 cancellation fee and my whole order was only $25.00 so I would have lost big time also it would be almost 2 months before they would reship. My husband will be home off the road on saturday (hopefully if all goes as planned.) so if they do not make it until Friday good lord willing they will be alright until then. Wish me luck Asher, although the workers at my P O annex are very nice and I am sure that they will be as careful as possible.

I hope they make it Thursday.
fl.gif

Honestly, if I worked at the P.O when chicks came in, I *probably* wouldn't open the box due to that whole legality thing. BUT I'd have a hard time not asking my boss if I could take them home over the weekend to care for them until the buyer could come get them.

Of course, I know what would happen, the buyer would end up being a thankless jerk who would be peeved and if any died due to their neglect, you bet your bippy they'd blame it on me and complain to my boss. *sigh*

When I ordered mine they gave me todays date so is that the date that they are going to be shipped. I have never ordered from them so just am not all that sure.

Asher, it's nice to know that there are caring people like you in the USPS
smile.png
Thanks - and my drama has a happy ending so I really hope this one will too.
fl.gif

If the chicks do have to wait till Monday they prob will not make it. And the post employees are NOT allowed to open the box. My MIL used to work for the post office and she said that would be a law suit waiting to happen if they opened the box up. She said they would probably call the ASPCA, BUT that there may be a fine for you since you knew they may be delivered on Fri and did not pick them up. I sure hope they do come earlier
fl.gif
Is there a friend you can have go pick them up for you if your not able to?

Quote:
Unfortunately, you are probably right. And sadly, that's the very reason so many people hesitate to help others out like that. It's really sad that things in this country are going that way. Not everyone would do that, but some look for any opportunity to.

But I can tell you I was eternally grateful for the PO woman that called me and told me she opened the box and then got immediately busy finding a way to get my chicks to me as quickly as possible. I would not have been the least bit upset, or held her responsible for any losses, had she taken them home to care for them if she couldn't get them to me right away. But not everyone would look at it that way.

Penny

You can bet your booty I'd be using our computers to try to find phone numbers to call that these belonged to! heh If that didn't work, I'm not sure what I'd do, though.

We're kind of a "good ole'" Southern post office, though...and I know my bosses like to do everything possible to make the customer happy. So I think they might probably let me take care of it if there was no other option. I don't think I'd be able to take them home (not allowed to have anything USPS or mail in the car once the day is over) so maybe they'd let me set up a brooding area with feed and water somewhere there in the locker room. I'm not sure.
hu.gif

Why can't all of us BYC'ers have Asher for our own PO worker? It that happened to me and someone was caring enough to take them home I would be thrilled! I do believe there are good souls out there , sometimes few and far between but they are here. Does anyone know if Ideal puts your shipping info and phone number on the shipping box? That would make it much easier for the PO workers to track down the owners. Also if they happen to not make it until Friday I plan to tell my boss that I will either be late in or I will HAVE to leave for a couple hours to get them home or he will be responsible for the deaths of 6 new lives!!!!!! Trudy

I ordered chicks from Ideal and they were shipped on a Wednesday and the Post Office called me ~8am on Friday morning. The chicks were fine, however, one was completely missing. I hope someone at the Post Office wanted it and took it home rather than getting "lost" somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom