Ideal hatchery = BEST hatchery in the world!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MEchickenfarmer33, Sep 1, 2011.

1. MEchickenfarmer33

MEchickenfarmer33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Maine
    Just got my chicks today from ideal hatchery in Texas. By far the best hatchery ever. No chick minimum, cheaper and no chicks are Ill or dying and they will walk right onto my hand ( and poop on it) [​IMG] defenitly use this hatchery instead of the others

2. swampcat

swampcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT
    Wow! So your chicks were sent from TX to ME? I would be concerned with transit time. What was your reasoning for using them in the first place as opposed to a closer hatchery? We're thinking about adding to our brood in the future....

3. LittleDarlings

LittleDarlings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Madison, GA
    Glad you a great experience! I'll be using them next week or so. It's good to know that I can count on them [​IMG]

4. MEchickenfarmer33

Jul 29, 2011
    Maine
    Yeah I expected some of them to be dead or ill when I opened the box but now their all active and eating and chirping I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone

5. Lisa0318

Lisa0318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    Congrats on your new bsbys:thumbsup i just orderd. 4 blue silkies and 2 frizzles hopefully i get them soon.

6. MEchickenfarmer33

Jul 29, 2011
    Maine
    Hope ur chicks come out good

7. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I have ordered chicks from Ideal in the past, as well, and have been VERY pleased with the speed of delivery and health/quality of the chicks.

I know some people look down their noses at hatchery chickens and think they couldn't POSSIBLY reach the Standard of Perfection for the breeds offered, but I disagree. I've gotten some GREAT chickens from Ideal.

8. MEchickenfarmer33

Jul 29, 2011
    Maine
    yeah it looks like a low quality hatchery based on their website, but DON'T LET IT FOOL YOU. GREAT BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

9. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Do you mean Ideal Poultry? I know they are in Texas.

10. mystang89

mystang89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisville
    I just bought mine from ideal too and they sent them from texas to ky in about 1 day. born on wed and got here on thur, all healthy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by