Ideal is having a special on "Ameraucana" Pullets

the dates shown on the page are not correct. the next ship date is actually Dec 3, 08. and the special was only until the 24th.

guess who got the special price ANYWAY on the Dec. 3 date?
big_smile.png

I understand what Jean is saying, and I agree to some extent.

If you're a breeder or want to show your Ameraucanas, then look somewhere else. Ideal's are definately mixed colors, BUT they DO tell you that in the breed discription. Because of that, most of us would call them EE's, but these aren't cross breed like some EE's. With the later, you never know what you have or what color of eggs you'll get.

As for layers, these are wonderful, and mine lay a soft blue, blue green, or pale green egg.

So it just depends on what you want them for. Just disclose to buyers what type you have if you sell any. I'm happy with mine, but I also am building a new coop and run for some new "pure" Ameraucanas for next year.

I saw Jean's Buff's on eggbid and they were very tempting! I think I finally have some blue/black/splash stock lined up.

Anyway, here are the photos of my last eggs if you want to see what type of eggs you'll get from Ideal's Ameraucanas......

......NOT the brown ones! Just the blue and blue green are theirs.

img58524ug6.jpg

img58443xg7.jpg

Last edited:
pips&peeps :

Too bad they practice the art of false advertising............

Agree! I have to laugh that the email says "Ameraucanas also know as the Easter Egg chicken". Uh, no. They are two different things
roll.png

Quote:
You are amusing me. You do realize Ideal's Easter Eggers are the same as every other hatchery? Most of these places buy there eggs from the same sellers. I got one from them that laid a brown egg.

Yes, as a member of the Ameraucana Breeders Club, I wish they would just advertise an EE as Easter Eggers, colored eggs. Stop the misrepresentation of Ameraucanas and Araucanas. I think some MAY NOT know.....but I seriously doubt it. If one is in the business of chickens, THEY know better. Sham on them for misleading the public with false advertisments for a profit. Enough said. I feel better.
smile.png
Soonerdog
smile.png

OH...BTW, if any new people need to know the differences between Ameraucana, EE's, and Aruacana. There is enough material located here on BYC. Just search the "SEARCH TOPICS" for Ameraucana, Easter Eggers, and Araucana if you care to be informed with the "TRUTH".
smile.png

Last edited:
Sara, my gosh, I amuse you? I didn't post to get single out for redicule. If you disagree FINE, but don't try to make me look dumb. I've seen you post before and would have thought highly of your opinion.

I only know that I talked to someone from Ideal this fall about it, and they pointed out that they do mention you will get mixed colors, but they aren't mixed with any other breeds. The ones I got seem to be just as they discribed.

I do agree with Soonerdog though. They should just advertise them as EE's.

Verycherry~ I wasn't meaning to ridicule you. If it came across that way (and as I re-read it probably did) I apologize to you. The way you said that Ideal's were different kind of made me laugh, but I shouldn't have said it that way.

Last edited:
but they aren't mixed with any other breeds

They are mixed breeds to begin with is the problem.

I have had many a person tell me this year their ee's laid brown eggs.
sad.png

Thank you, appology accepted.
smile.png

The person I spoke too also told me they were trying to improve their stock, so it's possible they may have started with mixed breeds.

I'm also aware that some people lie, so it may all be BS, lol!

I have had many a person tell me this year their ee's laid brown eggs.

Now that's a dead givaway. I haven't had that happen, so I was unaware that was happening.

Jean, I'd thought about getting in touch with you about your Blue Wheatens, as that's what I really wanted to raise, but people I know around this area haven't had any good luck with shipped hatching eggs or shipping in general. I'm just so afraid to try it. You certainly have some lovely birds.​

Back
Top Bottom