Ideas Needed for "Man" Quilt

greenfamilyfarms

Big Pippin'
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, NC
A couple of years ago I made my younger sister a pretty purple, pink, and green butterfly quilt. Now that my brother is old enough to really enjoy and care for a quilt, I need some ideas for a "man" quilt. He likes almost everything a typical 16-yr-old male likes: girls, deer hunting, trucks, etc...

So, I need some pattern and fabric suggestions.
smile.png

Who is his favorite sports team?

My receptionist made me a quilt with my alma matter's colors and logo on it.

I love snuggling into it during Dec. and Jan.

Quote:
He plays HS Football, but really doesn't watch a lot of TV sports. The school colors are royal purple, silver, and white. He likes blues, greens, and red... and black. Those dark, guy-ish colors.

My dd made her bf a quilt (her first one) that said, 'Boxing Life' and had a pair of golden gloves on it. He is a boxer so she made something he would like. It came out pretty nice for her first quilt.

Here's an easy quilt for a guy. I made this one for my barnboy for Christmas last year. (He's 85 and still comes every morning to help with chores.) The center squares are cut in random wonky squarish shapes and surrounded with another color. Then they are just squared up to be all the same size. It might even be a fun way to add some of your brothers out grown cotton clothing to the quilt.

2200_001.jpg

I saved all the t shirts my son got
from his wrestling tournaments over all his years in school.. ( 100 or more) i took the best ones and made them into a quilt for him to take to college. where he is sophmore wrestling .see if he has any old favorite t shirts and use them. . Wish i had a pic to show you,and he is too far away to go take one. Good luck

Wendy'sChicksRock :

I saved all the t shirts my son got
from his wrestling tournaments over all his years in school.. ( 100 or more) i took the best ones and made them into a quilt for him to take to college. where he is sophmore wrestling .see if he has any old favorite t shirts and use them. . Wish i had a pic to show you,and he is too far away to go take one. Good luck

Keepsake quilting has the pattern for the T shirt quilt.

I also do space, cowboy, hunting, cooking, ocean animals and truck themes for my boys (who are now men). I have all boys and almost all my quilts are masculine. I did dinosaurs, animals, trucks etc when they were young. My oldest is an EMT so I did something with solids and emergency vehicles for him. My middle likes rainbow colors, ie I have to use a spectrum of colors. Although I found a cute hedge hog fabric in oranges and greens and he loves it.

To this day, I use John Deere fabrics for my youngest who is 18. He loves them, or anything with construction.

The other ideas above are great too.​

Back
Top Bottom