Idk what’s wrong with my chicken

Leahsandora11

Chirping
Dec 16, 2020
Indiana
I saw my chicken laying down in our run yesterday and thought she was dead because she wasn’t moving I went to go look at her and she lifted her head up and looked at me so I thought she was dust bathing in her usual spot later I went to put them away and she was still laying there so I got close to her and she didn’t run away and usually she would because she doesn’t like being held, I stood her up and she just stood there with her tail down and walked very slowly, she can’t jump and can hardly walk, she was eating fine but will hardly drink. I’m giving her a bath rn and she is just sitting there with her eyes closed floating trying to sleep. I’m not sure what is wrong with her.

Attachments

• IMG_2942.jpeg
    IMG_2942.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2942.jpeg
    IMG_2942.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2943.png
    IMG_2943.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2946.png
    IMG_2946.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
When was her last egg?

I'd start with giving extra Calcium. You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

Check her for lice/mites and see that her crop is emptying.

Work on hydration. Giving a little sugar water or electrolytes. Once drinking, see if you can interest her in a little food or bits of cooked egg.

When was her last egg?

I'd start with giving extra Calcium. You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

Check her for lice/mites and see that her crop is emptying.

Work on hydration. Giving a little sugar water or electrolytes. Once drinking, see if you can interest her in a little food or bits of cooked egg.
I’m not sure about her last egg, I’ll look into the calcium and I checked her for lice and mites and didn’t see anything, she is pooping fine and I gave her a bath to make sure it was clean, I have to make her drink water but she is eating fine, her crop is hard from only eating food and not drinking, I’ll try the egg in the morning and give her some electrolytes. She is currently sleeping in my room in case she is sick I dont want it to spread to my other chickens.

Back
Top Bottom