if i bred a mottled cochin to self blue what would happen and how could i get a mottled blue?

You'd get black chicks that carry mottling and self blue sight unseen since both are recessive.
Breed those offspring together and you have a 25% chance at getting mottled and a 25% chance for self blue.
Play the odds until you get one bird that gets both.

and also how would you get a silkied cochin I know it involves a silkie gene yada yada but I don't know how long it would take to get it to look like a cochin but silkied

:lau Ya I'm....
ab67616d0000b27372c9c17855b138d98d5b1585(1).jpg

and also how would you get a silkied cochin I know it involves a silkie gene yada yada but I don't know how long it would take to get it to look like a cochin but silkied
5-7 generations, probably, if you actually want the Cochin type. Only about three generations to completely remove any Silkie traits. (May have the id+ gene hanging around though.)

IMO its more about how many would I have to hatch vs how long it would take.
In theory you could get there from breeding your F1s together but you'd probably have to hatch 1,000 chicks to get a pair.
I know breeders have been working on making the normal feathered silkies. Maybe you could get a jump start by picking up some of their throw aways since they would have no interest in silkie feathered Cochin types.

Back
Top Bottom