If you have ever loved a bird

(If you find any more serious bird abuse problems, please post them below, I can’t find everything.)
Sexed chicks. Less than a day after they hatch, the cockerel chicks are killed by a grinder, or suffocation. The pullet chicks are then sent to farm stores or people who ordered sexed chicks from a hatchery.

I used to work at P.e.t.a. i have watched the process to create foie gras (aka fatty liver) it is an image forever engraved in my memory. I wish no animals suffering, after all we are all earthlings. But i have the utmost respect for those who raise their own meat humanely.

The suffering in industrial slaughterhouses is so insane. I am sill a vegetarian. I use my birds for eggs and companionship (they are great listeners). I have been vegetarian almost 20 years. I haven't worked at P.e.t.a for almost 10. And just reading through this article i can see (vividly) every video. Every moment i was floored at the level of pain i saw being inflicted time and time again. From seals to dogs it's widespread abuse. Sad thing is to those causing the suffering, its just a job. They go in, do their cruel stuff, go home.

Last edited:
If you have ever loved a chicken, hugged a duck, fed a quail, cared for a goose, or raised a turkey, you appreciate birds, and care about their welfare. Today I will be ranting about a serious bird cruelty issue.

Foie gras. Foie gras is the liver of a duck or goose that had corn shoved down its throat for 17 days before it died. Up to 1 kilogram a day. Yet this diseased liver is somehow sold as a delicacy. Some ducks/geese can’t take this. Their bodies are throw aside, as trash. Upon hatching, ducks are sexed, and the females are thrown into a grinder to be crushed to death. Less than a day old ducklings, killed because some stupid company deems them unprofitable.
Enraged? You can help put an end to this cruel practice. Help me help these following petitions to raise awareness and end foie gras production.

https://www.change.org/p/amazon-stop-torturing-ducks-for-foie-gras
https://www.change.org/p/ban-the-sale-of-foie-gras-in-your-farmers-markets
https://www.change.org/p/ebay-stop-ebay-selling-foie-gras
https://www.change.org/p/irish-restaurants-stop-serving-cruel-foie-gras

(If you find any more serious bird abuse problems, please post them below, I can’t find everything.)
The abuse for our feathered friends is endless. I have seen male chicks thrown in a pile left to starve to death (I've also seen them rescued) from hatch to death each and every bird, cow, lamb, dog, duck, pig, and goose suffers insanely. If we grew up knowing where meat came from, how it was raised, and its sad "life" in a cage, unable to even turn around. All of us compassionate folks would definitely keep them off our plate.

The abuse for our feathered friends is endless. I have seen male chicks thrown in a pile left to starve to death (I've also seen them rescued) from hatch to death each and every bird, cow, lamb, dog, duck, pig, and goose suffers insanely. If we grew up knowing where meat came from, how it was raised, and its sad "life" in a cage, unable to even turn around. All of us compassionate folks would definitely keep them off our plate.
and that is why i prefer wild meat compared to domestic meat, the animal lives naturally not in a cage. or fed steroids.

and that is why i prefer wild meat compared to domestic meat, the animal lives naturally not in a cage. or fed steroids.
Absolutely! I would give them a happy life for giving the ultimate gift to me. I love every animal i see! my SO used to think i was nuts. But i was like "what harm is it me saying hello giving them love when they give their lives for us?" He never questions anymore just slows down and lets me talk to them...he has also started doing it.:D small victory for me:wee

The suffering in industrial slaughterhouses is so insane. I am sill a vegetarian. I use my birds for eggs and companionship (they are great listeners). I have been vegetarian almost 20 years. I haven't worked at P.e.t.a for almost 10. And just reading through this article i can see (vividly) every video. Every moment i was floored at the level of pain i saw being inflicted time and time again. From seals to dogs it's widespread abuse. Sad thing is to those causing the suffering, its just a job. They go in, do their cruel stuff, go home.
It makes me question who the true 'animals' are. This is nasty. The same as hens boiled alive so they are easier to pluck. The is so much evil. Always for profits.

I have the utmost respect for those who humanely raise their meat. Not many people can do that. But knowing what i know; i could do that before i ever purchased meat. At least they had a good life. And ty for doing that:love

:mad: I totally agree! The meat, dairy, and egg industry is terrible! The amount of disregard for life never ceases to shock and disappoint me. Every day thousands of animals are tortured and killed by humans. What for?? So we can eat their flesh because “it tastes good” have you ever wondered what goes on in factory farms? Probably not, because nobody wants to think of it.
The most horrific things go on inside of those places... just for stupid things like foie gras and hamburgers.
I love animals so I don’t eat them. My ducks are my pets and I will never eat them.
Eating animal flesh is not necessary to be healthy Andy I definitley don’t want to contribute to animal cruelty.

Some people raise their own animals for food which I could never do, but I feel like that is better than paying people to torture animals for weeks and months before violently killing them while laughing and making foul jokes. I do believe it is best not to eat them at all.

If you guys are still even reading this, and want to find out more of the mistreatment of animals in the meat, leather, and pet industry, watch Earthlings. I think it’s on Netflix... a word of warning though, it is very graphic!!
Whew, that set me on a rant! If you have read this far, thank you and have a good rest of your day. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

When I get on this website, it makes me sooo happy to see people raising their animals humanely and giving them a happy life. Thank you guys for being kind.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom