Illinois Quail Keepers

Pics
"The Feed Store" in Summit is getting quail in this year. I cannot remember when. They have a Facebook page here. I called them about a month ago to ask about ducks. The lady I talked to was very nice and helpful.
Oh, this is great! Thank you!!
And I just bought a small incubator. Graciously got some eggs from Kel60 ☺️
Very exciting!! Thanks to you both!

Any Illini quailers out there? Let's chat! I'm new to quail still. I have contacts to talk with about chickens and I really enjoy the Illinois thread here on BYC that mainly focuses on chickens. It would be nice to have a place just to talk about quail though with my neighbors. If you keep quail, whether it's just 2 or 3 or 200-300 (or more of course) - backyard keepers, basement breeders, farmers, hatcheries - I want to connect here. What's your story? Where are you located (if you are willing to share)? Why do you raise quail? Any local ordinances or laws you have run into with keeping quail?
Just planning stage. I miss the call if the quail on our 30 acres and will try to reintroduce them.

Oh, awesome!! I'll message you!
I'm SO new to this but trying to absorb quickly. I first thought I could drive to a hatchery or farm and purchase some chicks, but now I'm thinking that was naive and we'll have to hatch our own. Might be a cool thing!
Hello,
I am in St. Louis and willing to sell Jumbo Brown Coturnix (quail) chicks. My bloodlines are Myshire Farms and JMF-Southwest Gamebirds.

Back
Top Bottom