Illinois...

Peahen in Naperville?
sure enough, just saw an article yesterday about how Naperville humane society picked up a peahen somebody found wandering around. They're still waiting for the owner to claim, but it may be up for adoption if unclaimed..
Interesting..... but peafowl are not for me. (at least not in my current yard)
I could see @homeschoolin momma having a pair roaming her property. :p

I already sent them an email saying she would be welcome here if they couldn't find her owners.:lau

Well then you'd have to get a peacock to keep her company. ;)
And then of course, if you had a pair you'd get fertile eggs to share. I'd be happy to take some. (As long as you take back all the chicks.)
:lau
... Your poor hubby. I've become such a bad influence on you. :oops:

Speaking of "Husbands" a big Congratulations to @chickendreams24 .
I was fortunate to be there on their special day and celebrate with them. The beautiful bride had a gorgeous dress and the groom cleaned up very well. They had a rough month with the passing of the groom's mom, but decided to go ahead and hold a small intimate ceremony. The big reception will take place next spring, but now "Mr & Mrs @chickendreams24 " can begin their life together.

I have some pics to share (later after I get consent from the bride). But as a teaser, here's a pic of our shoes.
IMG_9843 (2).JPG
The bride was wearing her grandpa's boots, so I was invited to slip off the dress shoes and be comfortable. I found a pair of purple Converse that matched my dress.

Here's my family all dressed up.
IMG_9847 copy.jpg

We also found a way to help the couple bring their love of chickens to the wedding. After teasing that we'd dye our silkie Xansie purple so she could be the flower girl, we settled on some floral sprigs using dyed lavender orpington feathers. I also made a few hairpieces.
IMG_9828.JPG IMG_9827.JPG IMG_9826.JPG

Notice the purple hackle feather below? I have many extra purple feathers floating around, so I kept trying to find more cards & crafts to use them up.
IMG_9817b.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of "Husbands" a big Congratulations to @chickendreams24 .
I was fortunate to be there on their special day and celebrate with them. The beautiful bride had a gorgeous dress and the groom cleaned up very well. They had a rough month with the passing of the groom's mom, but decided to go ahead and hold a small intimate ceremony. The big reception will take place next spring, but now "Mr & Mrs @chickendreams24 " can begin their life together.

I have some pic to share (later after I get consent from the bride). But as a teaser, here's a pic of our shoes.
View attachment 1915256
The bride was wearing her grandpa's boots, so I was invited to slip off the dress shoes and be comfortable. I found a pair of purple Converse that matched my dress.

Here's my family all dressed up.
View attachment 1915257

We also found a way to help the couple bring their love of chickens to the wedding. After teasing that we'd dye our silkie Xansie purple so she could be the flower girl, we settled on some floral sprigs using dyed lavender orpington feathers. I also made a few hairpieces.
View attachment 1915260 View attachment 1915259 View attachment 1915258

Notice the purple hackle feather below? I have many extra purple feathers floating around, so I kept trying to find more cards & crafts to use them up.
View attachment 1915255
:wee
Congratulations @chickendreams24 :thumbsup

You all clean up well and great use of the feathers Faraday

Picture updates. Everybody is shown except the cornish cross. She likes to sleep outside and I get sick if caring her into the coop.

Ducks
20190925_202115.jpg

Ducks again
20190925_202114.jpg

1 turkey and some chickens
20190925_202311.jpg

Another turkey and an Orp photo bomb
20190925_202215.jpg

Another turkey in the front
20190925_202159.jpg

Some of the chickens and the last turkey
20190925_202225.jpg

Bear, our Speckled Sussex, took the top roost. I think she is taking advantage of molting time to raise her status in the pecking order. This may spell trouble in the future.
20190925_202234.jpg

Back
Top Bottom