Illinois...

SnootyHen

Sorry about the chicken coop issues. There is an explanation for it. Don't blame yourself,,,,,, blame this guy. ;)
1612551073963.png

And since it is a SPECIAL DAY for you,,,, wanted to offer something that should cheer you up.
1612551157758.png

Birds are alright so far in this bitter cold. The worst will come tonight though.

We locked the ducks into the coop and opened the partition so the ducks and chickens are together. If we don't lock the ducks in, they will go outside to access the pond - parts of the surface have stayed open thanks to the pump and the ducks' activity.

I am debating on shutting the other pop door that leads into the chicken run. Also, I keep the window opened about 1 inch and I an decaying on closing it. The window helps vent humidity though and the open pop door lets cool dry air in. I also might turn on a heat lamp assumed at the roosts tonight. I would definitely keep the window ajar if I turn on the lamp.

Mine are doing ok. My main orp coop has 3 windows. The big one is pretty much all the way open. The other two are open about an inch. I have been having humidity issues since my fans and heat lamp arent working right now. We think its the extension cords are pretty much gone. It kept tripping the gfci and now the circuit breaker. I need to get 10 or 12 gauge extension cords.

I've pulled all the waterers except the ducks since they wont be drinking at night. Hopefully no one wants a midnight snack and drink. I gave the ducks hot water so they could eat. Last night they chipped a hole in the ice. It was well over a half inch thick!

My black roos comb is bleeding. Dont think anyone has been picking on him, so im guessing cold damage. He managed to paint two out of three windows and walls. I love the snow, but am so over the cold. I wish my chickens would just be able to go outside!

Mine are doing ok. My main orp coop has 3 windows. The big one is pretty much all the way open. The other two are open about an inch. I have been having humidity issues since my fans and heat lamp arent working right now. We think its the extension cords are pretty much gone. It kept tripping the gfci and now the circuit breaker. I need to get 10 or 12 gauge extension cords.

I've pulled all the waterers except the ducks since they wont be drinking at night. Hopefully no one wants a midnight snack and drink. I gave the ducks hot water so they could eat. Last night they chipped a hole in the ice. It was well over a half inch thick!

My black roos comb is bleeding. Dont think anyone has been picking on him, so im guessing cold damage. He managed to paint two out of three windows and walls. I love the snow, but am so over the cold. I wish my chickens would just be able to go outside!
Is the comb frostbitten?

Back
Top Bottom