Illinois...

What concerns me is chickens like to scratch. As the scratch around the bucket they will be likely to going manure into the water they are drinking.
I was concerned about chicks falling in the bucket lol
You could cut a hole, in an appropriate size plywood, to cover the manure... but still might get bedding and manure in the bucket.

I need to get on that. I want to order ducks because they don't always carry them during Chick Days in the store.
Last year Ottawa location accidentally double ordered ducks.
We can also start a chick watch in this group. I would gladly grab a couple ducks or chicks if I see them rather than anyone paying $25 S&H. I am on ammo hunt so I go to F&F at least 4 times a week.

I might have to work on getting them into the garage. His comb is starting to discolor.. a few black spots on other combs too
20210207_110300.jpg

Last year Ottawa location accidentally double ordered ducks.
We can also start a chick watch in this group. I would gladly grab a couple ducks or chicks if I see them rather than anyone paying $25 S&H. I am on ammo hunt so I go to F&F at least 4 times a week.

Let me know if you find ammo!! I'm headed to IN for it but even they're low.

I was concerned about chicks falling in the bucket lol
You could cut a hole, in an appropriate size plywood, to cover the manure... but still might get bedding and manure in the bucket.
Yes and reading the reviews it looked like there were some bad experiences using these around chicks. With the edge of the bucket being 4 in above ground I would think that would help with scratch getting in and as he mentioned you could always skim off anything floating on top.
I'd love to try this but since I run electricity I probably won't bother.🦥

Back
Top Bottom