Illinois...

Molpet

Do you think this sulfur is the correct type for chicken dusting??? I like the ease of cash and carry from my local Ace Hardware.
sulfur ace.PNG

Molpet

Do you think this sulfur is the correct type for chicken dusting??? I like the ease of cash and carry from my local Ace Hardware.
View attachment 2750328
Yes that should work 😃

ETA might be a granular... not a powder. Powder is easier to get to stick to a chicken when dusting... Good for dust bath though.

Last edited:
Getting ready to go fishing in the morning. Hoping the rain stays away for at least half the day.
I also prepped a batch of various pickles: cucumbers spears, cucumber chips, and banana pepper rings. They are sliced and in separate gallon bags for now with picking salt, white vinegar and water. Letting them brine until tomorrow evening or Sunday, when I'll have time to can them. I'll rinse the brine off before canning and use fresh made picking brine and add plenty of seasonings, herbs, onion, garlic and peppers for some heat in a few jars. From here on out there will regularly be picking going on as long as our cucumbers, peppers and even zucchini produce. Looking forward to canning tomatoes too, but have to wait a but longer still.
Anybody else around here into canning?

Getting ready to go fishing in the morning. Hoping the rain stays away for at least half the day.
I also prepped a batch of various pickles: cucumbers spears, cucumber chips, and banana pepper rings. They are sliced and in separate gallon bags for now with picking salt, white vinegar and water. Letting them brine until tomorrow evening or Sunday, when I'll have time to can them. I'll rinse the brine off before canning and use fresh made picking brine and add plenty of seasonings, herbs, onion, garlic and peppers for some heat in a few jars. From here on out there will regularly be picking going on as long as our cucumbers, peppers and even zucchini produce. Looking forward to canning tomatoes too, but have to wait a but longer still.
Where you going fishing? Going for anything in particular or just drowning worms and see what happens?

I am hoping to can my cucumbers for the first time this year! That sounds so yummy!

Coccidiosis is back in my poults. Lost one yesterday morning, in the house. Another looked bad in the brooder, this morning looks like corid is working on him. Last night 2 in the poultry yard looked hunched and one is ok and the other dead this morning.
My poults never had bloody, just look hunched up like they are cold. Chicks never got sick.
For anybody looking for dosage https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ol-ampromed-the-correct-amprolium-dose.73341/

Back
Top Bottom