Illinois...

No problem, I know I have been dragging my feet on getting you the parts list...

You have your hands full, no worries here. Mine is super low tech compared to yours, but those coolers are cheap enough to make another better one later on.
Thanks for letting me know about them!

Last edited:
Lost one of my Australorps last night.
sad.png
She was egg bound and I didn't notice until yesterday when I brought her in to the house. She was always a shy one. She did look puny Thursday, but when I went to check her out, she perked right up and joined in with the others (wouldn't let me catch her). We went out Friday and got back late, she was in the coop perched. Saturday I didn't notice her much, but I think she was hiding and with over 50 other hens, I found her at dusk in a corner out of the coop.

I brought her in and gave her a warm bath and dried her. She was hunched over and wouldn't eat/drink. I figured I would give her a little while alone in quiet (since she was in a new place and all) she passed less than an hour later.

RIP little bird with no name.

So then, "replacement therapy" took hold.

Sorry @MeepBeep I didn't wait for the parts list. LOL I will build yours next. ;)

Sorry about your hen, its so sad when they go. But very nice home made incubator! Do you have it filled yet? I had replacement therapy also, I bought myself a frizzled mottled bantam cochin roo to put over my mottled hens. It helped a little bit.

does anyone know if its legal to own chickens in park ridge il.

I am not from there, but I found this on their website. It appears the answer is no...

5-8-18 PROHIBITED ANIMALS It shall be unlawful for any person to keep any cattle, goats, swine, horses, poultry, fowl or pigeons of any kind, nature or description or any animal defined as a dangerous animal in 720 ILCS 585/0.1 et seq. All cattle, goats, swine, horses, poultry, fowl or pigeons or any animal defined as a dangerous animal in 720 ILCS 585/0.1 et seq. so harbored, kept or maintained are declared a public nuisance. (Ord2006-68,8/21/06,S24)

I found it here http://www.parkridge.us/assets/1/Documents/art05.pdf

Last edited:
hey guys, im in northern il. ready to get me some pet chickens and im wondering if anyone knows if its legal to own backyard chickens in park ridge illinois
idunno.gif
caf.gif

thats ok, but thanks for helping me and going for all that trouble to answer my question! i apeeshiate it

if anyonw knows if anything has changed laitly please let me know.

does anyone know if its legal to own chickens in park ridge il.
I think you got this question answered by MeepBeep two days ago.

Does anyone need some eggs? LOL It's killing me not putting these in the incubator! I think I am going to try n freeze a bunch. Has anyone else frozen eggs? Also posting some pics of my cute banties.

Last edited:
I think I am going to try n freeze a bunch. Has anyone else frozen eggs?

When they stack up around here, I put them on cookie sheets and bake them for 30 minutes at 325° then mash them shells and all with a potato masher and feed them back to the birds...

Just did this to about 12 dozen guinea, bantam and small eggs last week to clear the kitchen counter...

That's a good idea @MeepBeep . I already hard boil all the bantam eggs every week or 2, the chickens get most, husband drops some in the empty jar of pickle juice and then some are for snacking. The dog gets eggs every morning also. I just thought since the girls are on such a roll with producing, I could crack some into ice trays, freeze and then food saver them for the when production is low, or during deworming. All of these eggs are from the last 10 days, so used a dozen for lunch today. Cheesy egg wraps with some Louisiana hot sauce. Grandson's got scrambled

And the chicks under all the broody have begun to hatch. At least 2 split open shells laying on the side of Minnie. Can't see any chicks yet, but I know they are under there. She began 2-3 day before the rest of them.

Back
Top Bottom