Illinois...

My little man caught his first fish today. He caught several actually. Here he and DW are with his first one.
20190802_180922.jpg

@homeschoolin momma
This is the last spring spitz. (One of the only 2 males I got.) I kept him b/c he's so pretty, but now he's strutting and crowing. Time for him to go! If you want him, speak now or forever he'll be silenced.

Crest & temperament are great!
Chest & overall feathering is too dark. No V-comb.

Because of this, I'd recommend keeping Jake & one of yours growing up as a back up.

View attachment 1866205 View attachment 1866206

BTW- Here's the CCL. She's very light colored. Not at all friendly yet. I'm hoping that will change when the mama finally leaves them.
View attachment 1866216
Let him go! I don't like his dark color. I've got plenty of boys if they survive the coyote.( yes, it came back and yes I'm missing another bsby)
One of my ccl's is lighter in color too. She does not have a crest. Neither one are particularly wild they don't like to be held but I can pick them up if I need to.

I have a stockef cteek in my backyard. I also have fishing poles........
So sorry about the constant losses. I would hope your dog would deter the wildlife a little bit. I hope you get the coyote attacks to end soon.

As far as the fishing, perhaps we'll have to make a little visit before school starts.... and after Aug 10 (hatch day here).

Let him go! I don't like his dark color. I've got plenty of boys if they survive the coyote.( yes, it came back and yes I'm missing another bsby)
One of my ccl's is lighter in color too. She does not have a crest. Neither one are particularly wild they don't like to be held but I can pick them up if I need to.
as I am sure you know, yote will come back until there is nothing left to eat, unless he is removed or deterred. would an electric fence be possible? https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...lectric-fencing.1117877/page-11#post-21625789
I have the e net, a 110 lb dog and I am home and out there every couple of hours most days
it does help. I seen one 20ft from the house next to the fence last week. It disappeared so fast that i didn't know what it was except an ambulance came by and it howled 20 ft away in the brush.

Back
Top Bottom