Illinois...

I'm not saying they aren't meat spots, they just aren't what I've seen as meat spots. They are all black, hard, crunchy, and crystaly.
I may have to continue this conversation later considering I had eggs for breakfast and grossed out describing it. Maybe dried hardened blood that I just chewed up?
I've had meat spots in the egg white (young layers) & just picked them out. I never saw "black" spots like you described. Sorry I can't be more help.

This week is going to be dry. I take long forecasts with a grain of salt. Every spring its "flooding", then summer "record heat", then winter "severe cold". It keeps us coming back for more hyperbole. Then if its colder than normal they scream climate. If its warmer than normal they scream global warming. Anything to keep us clicking.

funny-wow-thats-fantastic.jpg

Is @chickendreams24 ok.
I have not seen her this year
She's OK but busy.....
Newly married & fixing the house up (aka nesting)
Still sad over the loss of her mother-in-law
Had to help her mom move
Caring for her grandmother
Her dad just had back surgery yesterday
Looking for a job
and
Caring for a lot of chickens & rabbits

Yep. I'd say she's busy.

She's OK but busy.....
Newly married & fixing the house up (aka nesting)
Still sad over the loss of her mother-in-law
Had to help her mom move
Caring for her grandmother
Her dad just had back surgery yesterday
Looking for a job
and
Caring for a lot of chickens & rabbits

Yep. I'd say she's busy.
Wow she sure has her plate full

I'm really considering getting out of keeping quail and switching to rabbits. I could use the same hutch when I need to keep them indoors. How neat would it be to see Flemish Giants hopping around with the chickens and turkeys in the run?
My problem is I have not managed to find Flemish Giants locally (within an hour or so drive), at least not ones who are not spayed/neutered.

Back
Top Bottom