Illinois...

We got out today and did dine moe maintenance work on the pond and then got it refilled, moved all the chicks outside, and finished the wood part of the fence we added across the garden and pond. I need to put the wire up across the fence soon. I also need to decide if I'm cooking turkey wings or sending then to freezer camp early. I doubt they'll grow much more, but not sure how I will pack two turkeys to freeze safely until the holidays. I have some side work tomorrow and then to finish planting the garden.

Here's some pics from today.

View attachment 2142557View attachment 2142558View attachment 2142561View attachment 2142562
BReeder looks like you're almost ready for my yard!

My boys put together a new raised garden bed for me so while I worked one side, I let the chicks have a little outside play date on the other side. First time outside for them and I think it was mostly a success!

IMG_20200516_100610_MP.jpg IMG_20200516_102704.jpg IMG_20200516_102707.jpg IMG_20200516_105013.jpg IMG_20200516_105034.jpg IMG_20200516_105036.jpg IMG_20200516_105040.jpg IMG_20200516_112913_MP.jpg

BReeder looks like you're almost ready for my yard!
I wish. I've got more work than I have time to get it done. Our yard is a mess and I have some unfinished projects in the house. I need to paint and doi shine drywall/framing inside, build a small retaining wall outside, reseed two large patches of the back lawn and get the garden planting finished. I'm still working my career job from home during COVID-19 (thankfully) and taking on concrete work on the side with my uncle's company regularly. I haven't even had time to cut my grass. It got so bad that a friendly neighbor cut it for me in exchange for barrowing my chipper.

I wish. I've got more work than I have time to get it done. Our yard is a mess and I have some unfinished projects in the house. I need to paint and doi shine drywall/framing inside, build a small retaining wall outside, reseed two large patches of the back lawn and get the garden planting finished. I'm still working my career job from home during COVID-19 (thankfully) and taking on concrete work on the side with my uncle's company regularly. I haven't even had time to cut my grass. It got so bad that a friendly neighbor cut it for me in exchange for barrowing my chipper.
I saw concrete mixer in one of your pictures and thought it was suspicious. I need a driveway but may do part next year. Shingles this year.

I saw concrete mixer in one of your pictures and thought it was suspicious. I need a driveway but may do part next year. Shingles this year.
I had once here for a while. That must have been an older pic you saw. That was my uncle's and he needed it back after a while. It was handy though.

Back
Top Bottom