Illinois...

There's a saying about the 3 "S"s
Shoot, Shovel, .........Shut up.
It was more like a well placed jab with a piece of conduit hammered flat on the end to the base of the skull to sever the spine. The hammered conduit fit through the opening of the trap. Then I dumped it right out of the trap into the garbage and through a bag over it. Done...

This is why I don't worry about having more than 4 chickens. Animal control can't really do anything and no one else will touch an animal situation. I don't even think they can fine me because there's nothing in the ordinance that provides for a penalty.
I never really thought about there being a lack of penalty described in the local ordinance. Maybe I should get pigmy goats after all... :ya

I got some chicks for free in 2016 because someone got reported by the neighbors. He was in a big hurry to get rid of them because Will county told him the fine was $100+ a day per bird
It's a shame goats are not on the companion animal list. Only dogs and miniature horses... Otherwise all four of us here would have companion goats. :lol:

It's a shame goats are not on the companion animal list. Only dogs and miniature horses... Otherwise all four of us here would have companion goats. :lol:
I take that back... goats are not "service animals", they might qualify as emotional support animals... Now I need to find a quacky therapist to get a prescription for an emotional support animal and see if emotional support animals can circumvent township ordinance... Let the conniving begin!

https://www.emotionalpetsupport.com...ed animals may qualify,minipigs, ferrets, etc.)

Got that opposum! And the sucker ate a whole duck leg with foot still attached that I used as bait.
View attachment 2490697

I called Will County Animal Control. They will not take it. They said to call local non- emergency police number. Local police said it's out of their bounds and to contact a private animal control outfit. They also said I should get a free permit from the IL Department of Wildlife (I believe that was it) if I wanted to trapping wildlife on my property (I didn't disclose that it's already trapped).
I tried to choose life over death, but it's apparently very difficult to relocate an animal. :rant
From now on, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and do what needs to be done.
Drop it off. My neighbors are used to gunshot from my yard......

This is why I don't worry about having more than 4 chickens. Animal control can't really do anything and no one else will touch an animal situation. I don't even think they can fine me because there's nothing in the ordinance that provides for a penalty.
Townships and county infractions get submitted to adjudication where fines are determined if not compliant. Up to $500 per day from first notice.

Back
Top Bottom