Illinois...

The spray paint planets things looked cool so I did an art. Hard to see with the gloss and glare but
20210718_221716.jpg

One of the biggest dangers to setting a trap is catching things in it! I do not like those colors!
View attachment 2765762
Move slowly and cover with plastic.

At work they had a coon problem and highered a trapper. One weekend they had an event, an Indian pow wow. Of course the trap by the building caught a Pepe. Of course campus police called me since I was there. The trapper wasn't going to be out for hours. People thought it was part of the event or something and kept getting close. I slipped a big garbage bag, very slowly, and put it in the truck. Drove it very slowly over to a storage area and very slowly unloaded it. End of the bag was open the whole time and it never sprayed.

Move slowly and cover with plastic.

At work they had a coon problem and highered a trapper. One weekend they had an event, an Indian pow wow. Of course the trap by the building caught a Pepe. Of course campus police called me since I was there. The trapper wasn't going to be out for hours. People thought it was part of the event or something and kept getting close. I slipped a big garbage bag, very slowly, and put it in the truck. Drove it very slowly over to a storage area and very slowly unloaded it. End of the bag was open the whole time and it never sprayed.
I tried walking slowly with a tarp to cover and it was ready to spray. It looked like a juvenile and while I was alarming it there was no warning spray so I took the chance to just handle it today. There was some smell but it was young enough that it's not bad. I didn't even have to change clothes or get naked on the back porch.
Now it probably has 2 siblings around to catch before their scent glands fully develope.

Does anyone have a plucker? I might end up making one but dont want to risk mediocrity so rather buy one.
Making one is sounding more fun now though. I do like a challenge.
I have a yardbird. Works best with 2 chickens. They knock each other around. Turkeys are more difficult. Have to cut off feet and neck, flip it.

Back
Top Bottom