Illinois...

Ran across this info on another thread,, and thought of posting the link to that thread for chickens owners to inform themselves. I just see more as Government control :idunno May not include small backyard flocks initially,,, but as things go,, eventually reaches the lower denominators eventually.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...is-trying-to-regulate-chicken-owners.1512886/
Lots of money to enforce that.... don't even have enough inspectors at processing plants.... but that won't stop them from trying.

Bring on the sunshine!!!!

I haven't bought chicks (yet). Going to Florida over spring break and I don't want to leave my critter sitter with chicks to worry about so I'm waiting until we get back.
I'm enjoying the sunshine but not the mud on ice.
Enjoy your trip 🙂

I was near Walmart and saw trees and shrubs along the building . So it begins .
What are you going to plant this year that's interesting?
Last year I tried huckleberry potato. It's purple skin, yellow flesh like Yukon but is low on the glycemic index. It's lasting longer in storage than Yukon gold.
I tried Yukon gem also. It was supposed to be earlier and more productive than Yukon gold. It wasn't. Had many small ones and was the first to start growing. Doing huckleberry and Yukon gold again this year.

What are you going to plant this year that's interesting?
Last year I tried huckleberry potato. It's purple skin, yellow flesh like Yukon but is low on the glycemic index. It's lasting longer in storage than Yukon gold.
I tried Yukon gem also. It was supposed to be earlier and more productive than Yukon gold. It wasn't. Had many small ones and was the first to start growing. Doing huckleberry and Yukon gold again this year.
Trying North Georgia candy roaster squash . AKA pink banana .

Did somebody on here named Richard from Melrose Park mail me a bunch of seeds? I recieved a package today with a variety of seeds in zip locs labeled with marker. There's a remit to name and address, but I cannot figure out how I know the person. I figure he is a fellow member here who's name I don't actually know other than their user name here. They were very kind in sharing their collected seeds tough - a great mix of zinnias, hibiscus, yucca and several other plants.

Did somebody on here named Richard from Melrose Park mail me a bunch of seeds? I recieved a package today with a variety of seeds in zip locs labeled with marker. There's a remit to name and address, but I cannot figure out how I know the person. I figure he is a fellow member here who's name I don't actually know other than their user name here. They were very kind in sharing their collected seeds tough - a great mix of zinnias, hibiscus, yucca and several other plants.
It was I who sent you those seeds.. You sent me your address via PM. It will all come to you now :old :highfive: If I was able to visit my #2DD in Plainfield,, I would have dropped them off myself. She is a stones throw away from you.
The zinnias I direct seed into large outdoor pots for summer blooms. The hibiscus self seed in my backyard, and front yard. Lovely blooms, and come in 3 different arrangements. White,, white with lavender center, and all lavender. Will not know which it is until after a couple years when plant is large enough to bloom.
I know you start seeds indoors. I still follow the garden thread, but no longer post there.
There is an interesting seed there from sorrel. I container grow those every year. We use in our cooking in various ways, It is similar to taste of spinach,, but not same.

It was I who sent you those seeds.. You sent me your address via PM. It will all come to you now :old :highfive: If I was able to visit my #2DD in Plainfield,, I would have dropped them off myself. She is a stones throw away from you.
The zinnias I direct seed into large outdoor pots for summer blooms. The hibiscus self seed in my backyard, and front yard. Lovely blooms, and come in 3 different arrangements. White,, white with lavender center, and all lavender. Will not know which it is until after a couple years when plant is large enough to bloom.
I know you start seeds indoors. I still follow the garden thread, but no longer post there.
There is an interesting seed there from sorrel. I container grow those every year. We use in our cooking in various ways, It is similar to taste of spinach,, but not same.
Thank you!
I do recall now. Lol. I've been so busy I forget what I did yesterday sometimes. Just going crazy here. I'll definitely plant some of each seed. These are all new plants for me. What do you do with the yucca and does it grow outside in our relatively short season?

Thank you!
I do recall now. Lol. I've been so busy I forget what I did yesterday sometimes. Just going crazy here. I'll definitely plant some of each seed. These are all new plants for me. What do you do with the yucca and does it grow outside in our relatively short season?
Yuccas are easy to grow , comes back every year and seeds spread them around. Usually an ornamental but probably has some uses I would like to hear about.

Back
Top Bottom