Im a new mommy and its prob nothing but....

Im still trying to figure out whos a girl n whos a boy lol..

Also... They are still "terrified" of me... Why? I dont chase them or hurt them or make sudden moves... Id love to be able to touch them without them having a heart attack...

I think Amiga covered pretty much everything. My only other advice to you is that, whenever they see you, have treats that you can give all of them. Treats help a lot. Ducks love food.
tongue.png

Two are 5 weeks and four are 4 weeks.

Well, you can cut up some grapes (Make them really small), or give them some shredded lettuce. Oatmeal or yogurt or applesauce could work too (You can mix in small chopped fruits or veggies to add flavor, sometimes ducklings don't like plain yogurt or oatmeal). Scrambled eggs (I know, I know), mashed up banana, cooked corn, cooked rice, cereal (For easy swallowing, soak in water) - all of these can be treats. Whatever you give them, make sure it can fit into their bills without difficulty, so that they won't choke. Serve all of these with water nearby.

Well, you can cut up some grapes (Make them really ​small), or give them some shredded lettuce. Oatmeal or yogurt or applesauce could work too (You can mix in small chopped fruits or veggies to add flavor, sometimes ducklings don't like plain yogurt or oatmeal). Scrambled eggs (I know, I know), mashed up banana, cooked corn, cooked rice, cereal (For easy swallowing, soak in water) - all of these can be treats. Whatever you give them, make sure it can fit into their bills without difficulty, so that they won't choke. Serve all of these with water nearby.  

So kinda like human babies? Start off mushy till they can chew lolol..

Also are they like chickens in what they can eat? (When they are older?)

So kinda like human babies? Start off mushy till they can chew lolol..

Also are they like chickens in what they can eat? (When they are older?)

Lol yeah. Anything small enough (Or soft/mushy enough) so that they can't choke.

As for your other question, do you mean treats or commercial feed (Like the pellets or crumbles that you feed)?

​Lol yeah. Anything small enough (Or soft/mushy enough) so that they can't choke.

As for your other question, do you mean treats or commercial feed (Like the pellets or crumbles that you feed)?

Treats.. Like i feed my chickens all kinds of stuff.. Neighbors give me bags of stuff lol.. Greens, veggies, meat (yuk) fruit, etc. In addition to the pellets they eat. Do ducks eat all that too?

Treats.. Like i feed my chickens all kinds of stuff.. Neighbors give me bags of stuff lol.. Greens, veggies, meat (yuk) fruit, etc. In addition to the pellets they eat. Do ducks eat all that too?

Yup
smile.png

Here's something that you'll probably find helpful: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/242460/the-ultimate-list-of-duck-treats-and-supplements
There ya go
It's basically a list of a bunch of treats ducks can eat. Obviously, the list doesn't have everything that ducks eat, but it covers the bases (Don't give them too much spinach, though. Actually, try not to give them any).

Back
Top Bottom